Honored Contributor

Re: When a thread is removed

There are a ton of threads where a post or 2 or 3, has been removed and the rest let stand.  I know sometimes the whole threat is against board standards or it starts okay then takes a drastic dive in which case the whole thing must be removed.  Seems to me like they're already doing just what the OP suggested.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There are a ton of threads where a post or 2 or 3, has been removed and the rest let stand.  I know sometimes the whole threat is against board standards or it starts okay then takes a drastic dive in which case the whole thing must be removed.  Seems to me like they're already doing just what the OP suggested.

They are. They do it as much as staffing and time permits. I've seen mods bend over backwards with gentle warnings several different times within a thread to avoid having to poof it. From what I've seen, if it's *only* 2 people and only with each other, most of their posts are removed and most of the time they get the message and stop. But if it's more than 2 people - even if it's 3-4 people, and they keep it going, it will be poofed because the moderators don't have time to babysit - nor should they have to.  When it takes too much time, it's gone. Win some and lose some.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread on this or not.  One thing I would like to see would be when the moderators remove a post, a notification is sent to the poster.  I never go back to my old posts.  I start reading the thread at the next post.  I have no idea if any of my posts have been removed.  I think it would be very helpful to receive a notification about this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I think whether a post is removed or a whole thread is removed from public view is a judgement call. When a thread has gone downhill from the start I notice that's when it's usually a gonner.

Also depending on how the board is structured, pulling a post will usually pull the replies to that post as well.

Moderation isn't that easy either.

Valued Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@happygolfcartrider   Read this very recent thread, basically on the very same subject.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Moderator/m-p/2751199#U2751199

Thank You Pearley, I am hopeing maybe the moderators will see all of these and maybe listen to us. It is not fair when someone just does not like another poster and sabatoges everything they post just to get them poofed. I have started very innocent threads that have been turned ugly because of one or two that just do not like me. Not that I care but it is aggravating to have generic threads poofed just for an opinion that differs from them.

They will be all over this very soon I am sure.

Have a terrific day today!

If you don't care then why post this? If you're the common denominator then maybe looking at how you've been posting instead of claiming victimhood or pointing fingers would be more productive. I find most posters easy to get along with. Smiley Happy

@esmeesmerelda  THANK YOU (for putting my thoughts into words).

You're welcome @Karnerblue. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, happygolfcartrider. Smiley Happy

The mods actually do delete just the rude posts instead of the whole thread. Unfortunately, the thread continues to get worse and the moderator is forced to delete it. It seems to happen quite a bit, actually.

And, unfortunately, once someone doesn't like what you say and/or insists  that you're playing the victim or something, almost anything you post will get taken the wrong way

The best thing I can tell is just pick only one or two threads and/or sub-forums to post in and try your best to stay out of everyone else's way.

Not trying to be mean to you or anything.....just that seems to be how it works on these forums.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Hello, happygolfcartrider. Smiley Happy

The mods actually do delete just the rude posts instead of the whole thread. Unfortunately, the thread continues to get worse and the moderator is forced to delete it. It seems to happen quite a bit, actually.

And, unfortunately, once someone doesn't like what you say and/or insists  that you're playing the victim or something, almost anything you post will get taken the wrong way

The best thing I can tell is just pick only one or two threads and/or sub-forums to post in and try your best to stay out of everyone else's way.

Not trying to be mean to you or anything.....just that seems to be how it works on these forums.

Hi N.C. Thank you for your imput, Hope all is well with you!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I have never had the experience of someone stalking me or making an effort to get my posts deleted.I probably wouldn't notice anyway so it wouldn't be much fun for them.I think you should just carry on posting and enjoying your time on the forums and not give any thought to what others are up to.I love hearing from everyone whether they agree with me or not as there is always something to be learned by a different perspective. 

Respected Contributor

I had a thread removed tonight, said it revived an old thread. When I typed in the heading nothing came up like it so I proceded. The last I checked there was nothing worth removing, must have turned ugly before I could check back. 

Looked at another closed thread and the reason was closed,  because of name calling and arguing on a seemingly innocuous thread about suggestions for designers. 

I started a thread a couple of years ago about good deeds and paying it forward and guess what, it turned ugly because a few had to ruin it for all.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I never have proprietary feelings about threads I start. I don't think of them as "my" thread, and/or try to behave as if I "own" and have the power to moderate it, or to tell posters I don't agree with, or like, to "shoo." I have never announced to the forum at large that they have ruined "my" thread.

Once the OP is sent, the thread takes on a life of its own. It's not "my" thread, so who posts what is...what it is. It's no reflection on me, nor do I get particularly upset because "someone ruined it." The threads are what they are. We can't control who posts, what they say, or which way a thread will go.

Most people are pretty 'whatev' when a thread goes buh-bye or doesn't go they way they'd hoped.

And I have never (and will never) ask the moderators to delete a thread just because I don't like what others are saying in it. How childish and entitled.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all