Trusted Contributor

Re: Show hosts talking too fast, babble

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I noticed that with a certain young male host. I've have really never seen him so cranked and babbling on and on and loud! Guess he drank the kool-aid now, too. I can't even remember wha he was presenting because I went blank. SENSORY OVERLOAD! And, yes, I did change the channel.

0CD2FCEF-CA7E-4819-8713-0BFD88EFB6B0.jpeg

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~
I can not guess who.   😀

Contributor

Some may be what they are being told to do for selling technique but it's backfiring.  It seems like it's the norm now to go on and on but never really show the product.  For me, that was the advantage of QVC, to be able to see the product before I buy.

For example, they don't seem to be showing the linings of the lug bags.  I also wanted to get a bracelet on gem day but Kourtney never stated the measurement just that it came in small, medium, and large.  To me that sounds like inexperience.

Visitor

I cant watch QVC anymore all the host are so annoying. To much talking nonsense and not enough showing the product...its beyond annoying they lost my business. I use to buy alot. Not anymore.
Frequent Contributor

Don't forget to throw in "painting pictures" and other ridiculous chatter that adds nothing to the item.  When that starts, I click because then it's all about the host.  

Frequent Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I noticed that with a certain young male host. I've have really never seen him so cranked and babbling on and on and loud! Guess he drank the kool-aid now, too. I can't even remember wha he was presenting because I went blank. SENSORY OVERLOAD! And, yes, I did change the channel.

0CD2FCEF-CA7E-4819-8713-0BFD88EFB6B0.jpeg

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~
I can not guess who.   😀

Is there a reason you're yelling?

Respected Contributor

@matty liz wrote:

Couldn't agree more.It would be nice if they presented the item and not comminicate with the vendors like their long lost buddies.  We are all experiencing that and need a little diversion.  The HSN hosts do a good job.

well Suzanne is blabbing as usual and Amy could slow down too, most of those host I like so much better than on here.

Honored Contributor

Yet another host bashing post, ho hum.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
New Contributor

I missed that show with Sandra Bennett, usually she just fades away when she is talking, and gets so low I can't hear her and have to turn up the tv.  Maybe she is bored with what she is presenting and fades out.

Respected Contributor

@toadstool wrote:

I missed that show with Sandra Bennett, usually she just fades away when she is talking, and gets so low I can't hear her and have to turn up the tv.  Maybe she is bored with what she is presenting and fades out.

@toadstool   I think she literally gives out of breath.  She speaks so fast and such long sentences, I think she just gives out.  I cannot watch her or any of the hosts, so I don't. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart : Kathy Levine did it for years and was fine.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.