Honored Contributor

Re: Show hosts talking too fast, babble

I've heard a Saturday morning host give a whole introduction to a product talking so fast, I didn't understand a word she said.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I noticed that with a certain young male host. I've have really never seen him so cranked and babbling on and on and loud! Guess he drank the kool-aid now, too. I can't even remember wha he was presenting because I went blank. SENSORY OVERLOAD! And, yes, I did change the channel.

@Styleovertrend  I know exactly who you are talking about and I cannot watch him.  He really grates on my nerves.  So loud and fake overly excited about everything!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why can't they speak lower and slower making it (voice) the way they all talk on those jewelry shows.  Everything sounds sooo important and impressive (not sure why, it always makes me laugh at the discrepancy though).  They do not run right over all their words. Very carefully spoken words are used and there is thought behind what they are talking about.

Trusted Contributor

@kitpach  Agree 💯!  The hosts are definitely guilty, but so are their producers! They listen to the hosts repeatedly talking, or talking over the vendors, interrupting them so that you never get to hear what points they might have to offer. Why can't the producers  tell the hosts to lighten up a bit - let the vendors talk?! They need to do a better job advising the hosts when they're going overboard to the point of viewers changing the channel. 😠

F/N/A luvstogarden
Frequent Contributor

Please bring Antonella back. Getting rid of her was a hugh mistake. She had experience, was a wonderful host and has a tremendous following. Please - what you have done is so wrong. 

Frequent Contributor

We need Antonella back!!

Frequent Contributor

I repeat, please bring Antonella back!!

Honored Contributor

I never oould watch AN, but it wasn't because she was a speed talker.  Not sure how she avoided that "trait".  There are a couple of hosts I just can't watch because my old ears just can't keep up with their speech pattern.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

Can you imagine having to talk for 10 or 30 minutes about some of the products aired?  I don't blame them for talking too fast or babbling.  They are probably trying to keep from rolling their eyes or saying the wrong thing.

@CalminHeart wrote:

Can you imagine having to talk for 10 or 30 minutes about some of the products aired?  I don't blame them for talking too fast or babbling.  They are probably trying to keep from rolling their eyes or saying the wrong thing.

@CalminHeart 

Then perhaps the job isnt for them, from what I hear QVC hosts are nicely compensated.....And another problem is the presentations, especially for the TSV are way toooooooo long (if QVC is trying to attract a younger demographic they want everything quick like todays technology)...And theres a lot of jobs that require talking so their jobs arent unique.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@kitpach  Agree 💯!  The hosts are definitely guilty, but so are their producers! They listen to the hosts repeatedly talking, or talking over the vendors, interrupting them so that you never get to hear what points they might have to offer. Why can't the producers  tell the hosts to lighten up a bit - let the vendors talk?! They need to do a better job advising the hosts when they're going overboard to the point of viewers changing the channel. 😠

@Mimi 1883 

I forget who the host and vendor were, but the host said on-air that the producer told them to get "focused".....WTG producer!  You wonder were the other producers are when things get out of control....Afterall, QVC is in business to sell things...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”