Occasional Contributor

Show hosts talking too fast, babble

Please slow down, come up for air !  Talk to us, it's more enjoyable , and interesting if the products  is shown without sounding like a auctioneer, babbling, a mile a minute. 

Super Contributor

Re: Show hosts talking too fast, babble

@kitpach wrote:

Please slow down, come up for air !  Talk to us, it's more enjoyable , and interesting if the products  is shown without sounding like a auctioneer, babbling, a mile a minute. 

TOTALLY AGREE.  Some of these hosts are so wound up like a top, I just keep thinking they are going to explode.  What is QVC putting in the coffee?

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine having to talk for 10 or 30 minutes about some of the products aired?  I don't blame them for talking too fast or babbling.  They are probably trying to keep from rolling their eyes or saying the wrong thing.

Valued Contributor

Couldn't agree more.It would be nice if they presented the item and not comminicate with the vendors like their long lost buddies.  We are all experiencing that and need a little diversion.  The HSN hosts do a good job.

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed, Sandra Bennett was wired yesterday afternoon during the Bob Mackie show.  I kept trying to take a breath for her.  She is usually a much calmer presenter, guess she just was off yesterday??  But yes, many hosts do way too much babbling!

Respected Contributor

Since she started at QVC, Amy has talked like that.  I can barely understand what she is saying.  So, I mute the presentation if I am interested, then check out the item on line.  Maybe we need to do that with other hosts these days. 

Valued Contributor

I noticed that with a certain young male host. I've have really never seen him so cranked and babbling on and on and loud! Guess he drank the kool-aid now, too. I can't even remember wha he was presenting because I went blank. SENSORY OVERLOAD! And, yes, I did change the channel.

Esteemed Contributor

@matty liz wrote:

Couldn't agree more.It would be nice if they presented the item and not comminicate with the vendors like their long lost buddies.  We are all experiencing that and need a little diversion.  The HSN hosts do a good job.

Yes, exactly. They talk on and on to the vendors like they're best friends. What they should be concentrating on is the product; the specs, sizing, etc. They used to give measurements, now we have to go online to check those ourselves, while the hosts ramble on and on.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Valued Contributor

At least now the hosts and vendors aren't hugging and kissing each other.