Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 692
Registered: ‎04-21-2010

I would like to suggest a senior style show geared toward older folks mostly at home looking for comfort clothes.  This would not include jumpsuits or jogger pants, slim pants, bras without closures.  Would include bras with front closure, slippers, robes, nightgowns, tee shirt dresses, cardigans, readers, flat shoes, easy on off boots, night creams and moisturizers, gray hair pieces, nail and foot care products, etc.  I know many items on many shows do have these items (except nightgowns) but to have a show with just items we would find comforting and useful in our senior years would be a show I would watch.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,698
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

I guess for a certain segment of the suburban senior viewers that might be of interest.

 

I'm 78 - absolutely no interested in that sort of thing.  

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,153
Registered: ‎06-19-2010

Re: Senior Style

[ Edited ]

I'm 65, live in a suburb and don't buy any of that stuff. Especially the gray hair pieces or readers.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,340
Registered: ‎11-15-2011

I am 80+ and I have a comfortable wardrobe.  I don't do much lounging.  I get dressed every day! 

 

Dressed in Isaac's SOHO plushback pants and his pima tees.  Comfort plus style!  

 

It's all available, just not all in one show!

 

 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Can't think of anything more depressing

Valued Contributor
Posts: 692
Registered: ‎04-21-2010

Geez, not suggesting gloom and doom show...just an hour long show geared toward comfort and convenience for older folks.  Not a death wish!  Not saying unstylish!  But when older all days are not party time.  Pulling up slim pants or pulling on a sports bra are difficult and not everyone can be an active senior.  Think of others who might appreciate a show with some of these items.  After all a nightgown does not have to be flannel and plaid!  And gray is beautiful!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,727
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

Re: Senior Style

[ Edited ]
 
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,346
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Gabidog   You are so right!  Lots for fortunate and well people here I guess!  And for a business, lots of money to be made in this market. 

 

Any of us could need things like that tomorrow.  And turn up your nose if you like, but there are a lot of older people with issues that certainly could use items that would make them more comfortable, and help cope with some disabilities.

 

And trust me they are difficult to find.  It's hard to find robes that someone on a walker won't trip on.  It's difficult to find clothing easy to wear, pants easy to get into, and shoes that are easy to put on and not too heavy with non-slip soles.  If someone is stooped over, that makes things even more difficult.

 

And it can happen to any of us.  No point at all in looking down on people who need these things.  And style really doesn't matter much at that time.  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 776
Registered: ‎07-14-2010

@Gabidog  QVC already shows far too many comfort clothes.  And it isn't just seniors that are buying them.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,315
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

QVC already offers all that stuff about 80% of the time.  The other 20% is home goods and jewelry.