Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

I gave this a little more thought after a day.  Maybe it could be a show called "Simple" style instead of senior style.

It's not just seniors that need assistance.  

I like that title @tarsmom .  You're right - it can be all ages included.

Valued Contributor

Although I agree abiut comfortable clothing, the Q does sell everything I need except nightgowns and robes. Denim &Co. suits me fine, Skechers and Ryka for shoes. I wish Denim & Co. would branch out to nightgowns and robes. As for specialty clothing, I don't know if that would fly. Maybe if there's requests for it. I'm 78 but have no problem finding things. I want everything. LOL

Respected Contributor

Would not be interested in a show like this. The Q already offers the things the OP listed. I don't buy from those vendors now. I wouldn't be purchasing from them just because they group them together for a show.  I also don't think QVC would like a show like this imo. When you are trying to entice new, younger customers to replace the old ones, getting a reputation as a "Senior" shopping channel is not in their best interests,

Honored Contributor

I have had relatives in need of things like this for 30 years and I can tell you there really is a market for people who have trouble getting in and out of clothes, who are on walkers and wheelchairs, and so on.

Unless you've been in that world, you aren't aware of it perhaps.  Most of the people I've known get there unless they die relatively young. 

Frequent Contributor

Though I'm  probably considered a senior now but not yet ready for the simpler style yet, I think this is a great idea.    When my Mom was in her 80's , I would have enjoyed shows like this to get her gifts.  I think she would have enjoyed it as well.

I recall the trouble I had finding a nice, comfortable cardigan with pockets for her.    And nice flannel nightgowns too.

I think if done well it could be successful.  Many of us have elderly parents that require simpler clothing.  Sure wish I still had my precious Mom to buy things for.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I would like to suggest a senior style show geared toward older folks mostly at home looking for comfort clothes.  This would not include jumpsuits or jogger pants, slim pants, bras without closures.  Would include bras with front closure, slippers, robes, nightgowns, tee shirt dresses, cardigans, readers, flat shoes, easy on off boots, night creams and moisturizers, gray hair pieces, nail and foot care products, etc.  I know many items on many shows do have these items (except nightgowns) but to have a show with just items we would find comforting and useful in our senior years would be a show I would watch.

@Gabidog 

???     Are you new to QVC?    Start watching Denim & Co .... and there are PLENTY of moisturizers etc to be reviewed.  

I don't understand the front closure bra thing .... tried one several years ago and it was harder to put on than a regular bra.   Well, we all have our preferences.

BTW ....  just google "retailers that cater to seniors" and you may find a few things of interest,

Valued Contributor

Not new...shopping here for decades and have a closet full of clothes from QVC and products for my home.  I already know there are clothes presented that are comfortable.  I know scooters are on from time to time.  I know we all want to look good for as long as possible.  And I know many turn the channel when a show is on they do not care to watch.  That option is available for a senior style show as well.  And I was not suggesting a weekly two hour long show but a sprinkle of time devoted to those who might want or need a few things that could help with challenges we all have at some point...could be temporary situation like a sprained something.  But suggestions here in the suggestion platform always receive negativity and  I am surprised the topic remains.  I guess all of those looking for exercise equipment and health foods have their time with Kirsten but older folks can just go to Kohls...ok, that works.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe not a full show, so how about maybe a video with some of the products you suggested? People could click and watch without having to devote a whole show to a specific audience.

Valued Contributor

Really sorry I suggested having a show once in awhile devoted to those needing snap front robes and pants that are not difficult to pull on and off.  I guess older folks should be happy searching the vast QVC inventory looking for a cardigan that brings warmth and comfort.  Yes QVC must remain devoted to presenting items for the stylish.  At some point even the shoppers of Denim &co might wish for fewer squirrels and more basic non designer apparel.  But I better never see a show geared toward infants!  And heaven knows I will keep my suggestions to myself and allow those in charge at QVC remain the idea folks.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I would like to suggest a senior style show geared toward older folks mostly at home looking for comfort clothes.  This would not include jumpsuits or jogger pants, slim pants, bras without closures.  Would include bras with front closure, slippers, robes, nightgowns, tee shirt dresses, cardigans, readers, flat shoes, easy on off boots, night creams and moisturizers, gray hair pieces, nail and foot care products, etc.  I know many items on many shows do have these items (except nightgowns) but to have a show with just items we would find comforting and useful in our senior years would be a show I would watch.

@Gabidog I'm a senior and I wear joggers often! I want more joggers!  Why are you excluding those? They are comfort clothing!