Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Gabidog  QVC already shows far too many comfort clothes.  And it isn't just seniors that are buying them.

I agree...isn't D&C geared toward what the OP is suggesting?  The line is on all the time. 

Valued Contributor

Denim & co is not geared for this.  Gary I think would agree they try to have fashion for all ages.  I guess having a show called in the kitchen with David is not needed also because all of those products are presented at other times.  Why have any show geared toward anyone or anything?  Just present whatever whenever according to some here.  You all make this suggestion sound like a ridiculous idea.  It is just a suggestion and I still think a good idea to offer products seniors could use and enjoy and wear...not too much to criticize.  And it might be appreciated and create sales...don't know until you try!

Respected Contributor

I am a senior but how would you determine what should be in the show.  We are all different.  Not a good idea, IMO.  

Trusted Contributor

I think that it is a FABULOUS idea!  I needed to search for many of those types of items for my MIL who lived 600 miles away in an assisted living apartment.  She needed short robes that snapped, lightweight shoes that did not lace, bras that closed in the front, petite pull on pants, etc.

I was able to find some of those items at Kohl's or JCP, but it would be great to find many of those items in one show.  She could watch and let me know which items (colors, sizes) that she liked.  Like someone else mentioned, not everyone is an active senior.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Denim & co is not geared for this.  Gary I think would agree they try to have fashion for all ages.  I guess having a show called in the kitchen with David is not needed also because all of those products are presented at other times.  Why have any show geared toward anyone or anything?  Just present whatever whenever according to some here.  You all make this suggestion sound like a ridiculous idea.  It is just a suggestion and I still think a good idea to offer products seniors could use and enjoy and wear...not too much to criticize.  And it might be appreciated and create sales...don't know until you try!

@Gabidog Lots of people are disabled or have needs who aren't seniors.  Lots of young people on walkers, in wheelchairs or on crutches.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's a Suggestion!  Nothing wrong with offering a SUGGESTION.  That's what this section is for or isn't it?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

It's a Suggestion!  Nothing wrong with offering a SUGGESTION.  That's what this section is for or isn't it?

@gertrudecloset, Don’t take negative responses personally.  I happen to also think you have made a good suggestion.  QVC does sell mechanical devices for folks who can’t walk or cannot walk long distances, right?

If one has had exposure to folks who need anything special to make their lives easier, well, then they might see the need.  QVC has the same type of products, over and over.  And our population is aging, so I don’t see the harm of trying to reach this demographic - and those who buy for them.  As a senior, I receive endless catalogs obviously geared to seniors.  So there is a market.  I don’t need anything special at this point in my life at this time, but if one lives long enough there will be a time.  I guess that thought might just bother some people.

Honored Contributor

Re: Senior Style

[ Edited ]

I'm a senior.  No offense to you, I had to laugh just imagining what Q would think fits in a senior show. We may be older but we aren't dead and I couldn't help but chuckle.

IMO, it's very easy to find casual clothes or whatever may be targetd for older people online.  I can find what I want on a dozen other sites for lower prices and better quality.  

Lands End, Kohl's, Macy's, Ulta, and Eddie Bauer, are usually where I check first. They always have promo codes, some better than others. I am on Lands End email list so I get better promo codes than found online. I love LL Bean but wait to buy when they offer a promo code.

I needed readers for a while after I had my cataracts done and got them at readers.com for a lot less than Q offers.

I wouldn't watch a show geared toward seniors.

Valued Contributor

When dead you probably do not need much from any website but if you shop for readers or clothes or anything from other online stores then it tells me there is a need.  Sounds like QVC prices are the issue and not selection.  QVC offers many items seniors would appreciate and my thought was to have a show on occasion to highlight those products and bring in new items geared toward older people...not just apparel but a range of categories.  And if it is not of interest there is that tried and true solution...change the channel!

Honored Contributor

Don't they have those kinds of shows every once in a while?  Scooters, canes, grabbers, and the like?

As far as clothing, I don't think you can get more comfort oriented than some of the brands they already have; Denim & Co., AnyBody, CuddleDuds; what more than those?

I don't see them incorporating all those things into one show though.