Contributor

QVC: STOP SELLING USED CLOTHING!

For the second time in two days I received an "as is" clothing item that was obviously worn, stained and badly laundered.

Come on QVC, you can do better than this for your customers.  Do you want to lose all my business?

I have been purchasing from QVC for 25 years.  I do not like getting USED clothing.  When I purchase "as is" I expect it may have hung on the rack for on-air presentations or someone may have received the item and tried it on at home, but to receive stained, greyed out, badly laundered and pilled clothing is unacceptable.

QVC, why don't you have customers who want to return items that are not fit to sell, mark them as damaged to keep them out of your inventory?

You take my money and put me in a position to have to return a completely unacceptable item.

"As is" should not stand for junk.

Contributor

Re: QVC: STOP SELLING USED CLOTHING!

Yes, I too have been getting some really poor quality "AS IS" clothing.  The obviously worned and laundered (yes badly laundered) clothing bothers me.  The item was dried in a hot dryer and it is not the proper size anymore and it is faded.  I just received a cadigan sweater with a hugh pull in the front.  It was right there as I pulled the garment out of the package.  Should have been sent to the damages department not to the good paying customers.

Esteemed Contributor

'As Is' is  a gamble unfortunately- I'll jsut get 'as is' shoes on occassion now and haven't had an issue. 

What  I have a problem with is buying NEW clothing items and they're obviously returns! For example, 'new' LOGO twinsets where the 2 pieces have been separated- this has happened twice in recent months!

Esteemed Contributor

@April-Rose

Please call Customer Service and let them know of your experience.  I had the same with a top I purchased from the "As Is" category-stained, faded, shrunk, etc.   I know because I had also purchased a new one when it was a TSV so I knew how it was suppose to fit.  I spoke with a very nice representative and explained the situation-told them I would not even have paid 50 cents for the item at a garage sale let alone what I paid to the Q for it.  She was more than understanding, refunded my credit card and told me to send the item back-she even sent me a postage paid receipt so that I didn't have to pay a return fee.  

I have purchased many items from "As Is" from kitchen goods, home goods, handbags, jewelry, shoes and never had a problem until the clothing item.  Even though the Q was more than  willing to make it right, I am leery of purchasing clothing from this category even now.   I might be tempted again but if I have the same problem again and as you did, I will call Customer Service again-that's what they are there for.  Please call them and give them a chance to help you over your frustration.  Best wishes!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmm ...  I thought  QVC had outlet stores where returns are sold.   Maybe not.   

However .....   I cannot even imagine buying anything "as is" online!       Ugh!

What do you think "as is" means, anyway?   

While they shouldn't ever sell used clothing online, please use some common sense and don't waste your money on anything "as is" that you cannot examine in person ... like in a Salvation Army or Goodwill store.   Just don't do that!

Super Contributor

I agree .Happened to me a few times too

Honored Contributor

I have purchased several "As Is" items including shoes, purses, jewelry, etc.  The only item I ever returned was an As Is sweater.  I was happy with all the other As Is products and will continue to purchase them.

Honored Contributor

I've purchased several "As is" handbags, including a couple of Dooneys.  All were still in their factory-installed cellophane wrapping.  Obviously not used.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've purchased several "As is" handbags, including a couple of Dooneys.  All were still in their factory-installed cellophane wrapping.  Obviously not used.

My last purse purchase was an As Is Dooney and it arrived in mint condition with everything in tact.  So not used!

Honored Contributor

I receive returns almost all the time if an item is not brand new. The stickers are ďifferent on the packaging. I received a top just this week from the brand Women With Control that was not sold out, yet QVC chose to send me a wrinkled return. I received two returns a couple of weeks ago from the Belle brand. I sure don't like it. There is a Breezie bra I would like, but won't because it is likely a return.

I have bought "as is" a couple of times. I received discounted items that were like new