Honored Contributor

Re: QVC: STOP SELLING USED CLOTHING!

I have bought 2 pair of Earth shoes "AS IS", not one thing was wrong with them that I could see.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

'As Is' is  a gamble unfortunately- I'll jsut get 'as is' shoes on occassion now and haven't had an issue. 

What  I have a problem with is buying NEW clothing items and they're obviously returns! For example, 'new' LOGO twinsets where the 2 pieces have been separated- this has happened twice in recent months!

@Ibby114 - This has happened a lot in my case. About 5 years ago I pre-ordered an Isaac bag that was going to be the TSV. I wanted to take it on a trip. It came and it was a "RETURN" with an obvious scratch across the front. It hadn't even been presented yet! They sent me one that someone else had already ordered and returned - BEFORE the TSV day! I called CS and they were very helpful. She sent a new one right away, but unfortunately it didn't get here in time for my trip.

I order NEW items and get ones that have been returned. Some posters here have said it never happens to them. They're lucky. I just hope when I see the label that someone carefully tried it on and it didn't look right or didn't fit. I understand if it's an item that was presented and sold out. But when it's presented for the first time and you order it right away, it shouldn't happen. It happened to me not that long ago with a pair of shoes. I didn't even try them on. They were scuffed, and there was a black mark across the top. I sent them right back! Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Buy all the time and never had a problem.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry for your issues.  I have had a lot of good luck with as is clothing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where is Quality Control?   If someone returns an item in deplorable condition they should be notified that they can have it back or they lose their money.  No one wants to receive clothing with perspiration stains or odors and the same for shoes in filthy condition (I received a pair once) and could not believe it was mailed out in that condition.  I blame QVC for not having certain standards on returns and penalties.  If I try on a pair of shoes from the Q and they do not work out, I return immediately.  I am Not rolling around in the mud and then sending back.  Something needs to be done, QVC, with this return policy..   Cat Tongue  I have purchased "as is" items that were fine but you should NEVER receive an item that is unacceptable.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't buy a lot, but I wouldn't do an "as is" or a waitlisted item.

I once waitlisted for a winter jacket that eventually arrived in the same condition the OP described.  It was an obvious wear it for 30 days and if you don't like it return it.

It was nasty to say the least.

Honored Contributor

"as is" means it's been worn on air, returned, slightly damaged, etc etc.  It says that on Q's website.

EVERY retailer resells returned merchandise. It's no different than if someone tried it on at a store and then didn't buy it.  

I never wear anything without first washing it.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

"as is" means it's been worn on air, returned, slightly damaged, etc etc.  It says that on Q's website.

EVERY retailer resells returned merchandise. It's no different than if someone tried it on at a store and then didn't buy it.  

Good point @CalminHeart.  Some of us have gotten some really great deals on As Is products in pristine condition.  If some are worried about purchasing "used" clothing, then don't purchase the As Is clothing items.  But as far as all the other products, try the As Is.

Honored Contributor

some of the clothing descriptions sound so used there is no way they could have been returned within the 30 day return policy unless they were worn, stained, and washed on a daily basis
Super Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

OMG! THANK YOU!....anything to complain about i guess!