Respected Contributor

Re: Please STOP with telling us to.....

@Kachina624 wrote:

In Kristen's case, I'd deliberately wait until the next hour to order. 

I would too!

Respected Contributor

QVC is ordering many items in very small quantities these days.  They don't want to get stuck with too much invventory.  I've seen a lot of items sell out quickly lately due to small inventory

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Not everything is held in your cart for an hour.

I have had an item grabbed from my cart while I was looking to add something else.  It was only in my cart less than five minutes.  If the item is close to selling out...poof, it's gone!

I was disappointed, but it won't happen again.  I check out right away if is something I really want or need.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had a few things removed from my cart. I think it occurs when something is selling out.  

So, I no longer use the cart for multiple orders and process each order immediately.  

Honored Contributor

When I first started ordering from QVC (I think around 2006), didn't they charge shipping according to how many items you bought? For example, shipping charges were lower if you were buying multiple items. I vaguely remember that, but maybe I'm mistaken!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are many complaints here from those who think that by putting something in their cart it is held for them.  Why wouldn't a company want a sure sale as opposed to someone not purchasing right away or maybe not at all?  My understanding is that it will stay in your cart for an hour unless it sells out.  Nothing is guaranteed if you do not check out when you put it in  your cart!  The way I look at it is if I need time to think about a purchase and it sells out then no big deal and I saved money.  There is nothing that I absolutely need but if I know I really want something I check out right away.   

It is really self centered to want anything to be held for them in their cart or with a check hold until they decide when others may want a popular item that sells out!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have also experienced several times where I go to order an item and I get the "you missed it" it's sold out message.  Then if I go back on an hour later I am able to purchase the item after all. ????

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

When I first started ordering from QVC (I think around 2006), didn't they charge shipping according to how many items you bought? For example, shipping charges were lower if you were buying multiple items. I vaguely remember that, but maybe I'm mistaken!  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom. It used to be that if you purchased more than one item with the same item number, you paid full S $ H on the first and half on any number of them after the first one. Had to be the same item # though.

Contributor

I just put my items on my WISH LIST until I decide.  Then if and when I want it, I put it in my cart and purchase it.  If it's sold out, then that's my fault.  But be certain, there is hardly time now adays to change your mind and cancel.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@January121 wrote:

If you really want the item then put it in your cart & CHECK OUT for goodness sake .... if you don’t check out it will stay in your cart for an hour or so & then go back into stock .... in the meantime there might be someone out there that really wants the item & cant get it because you are undecided & holding on to it in your cart ... be kind & think of other shoppers 🙃

@January121  Well maybe someone doesn't want to impulse buy and wants an hour to think about it especially  since we are hardly able to cancel orders any more and we don't get our shipping and handling costs returned any more like we did for many years.

Then that person is taking a chance that the item will sell out before they decide. It's life.