Honored Contributor

🛒 ~ website shopping cart suggestion ~

Online shopping is easier when you can add things to your shopping cart without being immediately redirected to the cart. 

For instance, I purchase a few tried and true clothing items in multiple colors. Every time I put one in my cart, I have to find my way back to the item's page.  I'm not sure if I'm being clear and I know it's not a life-threatening issue, but it's kind of irritating.

I'm sorry if this has previously been addressed.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: 🛒 ~ website shopping cart suggestion ~

@house cat

Great idea!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I wonder if more people buy one item than multiple, the reason why it's set up this way. Works out well for them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Online shopping is easier when you can add things to your shopping cart without being immediately redirected to the cart. 

For instance, I purchase a few tried and true clothing items in multiple colors. Every time I put one in my cart, I have to find my way back to the item's page.  I'm not sure if I'm being clear and I know it's not a life-threatening issue, but it's kind of irritating.

@house_cat  I think I know what you mean. I know the Supermarkets we deal with do this. You clip the products you want as you go throught the site and when you are finished, you add everything to your Cart. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@house_cat   I have made this suggestion multiple times over the past few years.

Nearly every online retailer where I shop (and I shop at many) has a separate Cart pop-up that can tally your items, then let you decide to either checkout or continue shopping.  So it cannot be a difficult task for the IT department.  

Sometimes when I have a search that took several levels to get to my desired filter, and I want several things in that group, I just give up in frustration with QVC making me start my search all over again.  

They want you to make sure you check out quickly, but make it cumbersome to gather all your items at one time.