Trusted Contributor

Re: PLEASE STOP the chronic mentioning of how many of a certain item has been ordered...we don’t car

I don't need specific numbers, that have sold, but, I do like to know if an item, certain colors, sizes, etc., are very limited. 

I get testy, if, I was seriously shopping, not just TV browsing, 🥴, and something I was serious about, sells out, with no mention, of it being in limited quantity! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: PLEASE STOP the chronic mentioning of how many of a certain item has been ordered...we don’t car

[ Edited ]

😁

694E7A2F-7623-4348-98AB-E76EAAA8FEA6.gif

Valued Contributor

Martha Stewart said it for me during one of her presentations when the host was saying how many had sold. From her viewpoint, that was not so good because we surely don't want to be wearing something everyone else is wearing! LOL

Trusted Contributor

reading this, @Styleovertrend , I'm reminded how much I enjoyed vintage Q presentations when the host prepared her talking points, included washing instructions, fiber content, measured the garments on air, turned them inside out, and gave her honest impressions. She did not jump up to stand with the models in her declared XXS and prance around spouting nonsense. Is it too much to ask for the facts, just the facts?

dee

Esteemed Contributor

I agree and I also don't care how many thousands are left in each color, each size...........

We can watch the guide at the bottom and see what is selling out.  Talk ABOUT  the product, not how many have sold or how many are left.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

You forgot the one that I do not like or care about...THE ONLY ORDER OF THE YEAR!   who cares????I do not and why are you telling me? I usually change the channel when I hear that!

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs Precisely!! And the guide at the bottom will even show green the next day if they are showing the same presentations, with usually every size and color available. We aren't falling for the hard press to BUY NOW!

Valued Contributor

@Whosits BACKFIRE! I bet the host didn't count on that response!!!

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

And it's super annoying. Huge turnoff. I know it's a selling technique but it's overkill with mentioning it every other sentence. Focus on the product-the size, the back, the bottom, the inside, certain measurements that are the same for all sizes. PLEASE-it makes the presentation unwatchable.

Did they ever hear the story about the boy who cried "wolf!"?

Frequent Contributor

If an item is getting limited in a size or color, it's helpful to know how many are left. But so many of the hosts keep banging away about total number sold. (David V. Is the worst offender, IMHO). I don't care how many have flown out the door, it won't convince me to buy or not. But if I know they don't have many left in the size I want, that might get me to order now rather than later.