Valued Contributor

I don't know how anyone else feels about this and I know they're trying to sell, but I would love it very much if on the food shows the hosts would not make yummy facial expressions, noises, or give their taste opinions and stories on the food products. They talk about the free food samples that were sent to their homes, they put food on the side to take home and touch the food to claim it-all while on camera. I find these things very distracting and unnecessary.

I know some people don't like the vendors at the presentations but I really want to hear what they have to say about the products. I would much rather that than listen to the hosts waste time with nonsense.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears, there must be others who share this same feeling. I think the presentations would be so much more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for having the courtesy, respect, and consideration for not attacking me for voicing my opinion =O)

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@LilMadi    I think perhaps you shouldn't watch food shows.  How in the heck are they supposed to sell when people complain about them talking while eating and now showing facial expressions?  Show flash card or posters, perhaps?

I think your request is unrealistic and petty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Noises & expressions

[ Edited ]

Well. they are trying to sell and I don't know how they'd sell food without doing those things.  Maybe it would be better if the vendor appeared alone - sans host - and just described the product's ingredients, how it's made, how it's packaged, and what you need to do to prep it in your home.  Thus, we'd do away with yummy faces, happy dances, and food waste.  Not a bad idea!

Honored Contributor

In order to make the viewer think/feel/buy.....they really have no other options.

I have ordered a lot food.

The stories and expressions don't bother me in the least.

What makes me NOT watch or purchase is  a duo of two particular hosts that yell, act childish and talk over each other jockeying for more air time.  The giggling and silliness only changes the channel for me.

HOWEVER, QVC will continue to orchestrate the shows based on sales....if the shows are selling, I wouldn't expect them to change the format just because you and I dislike certain aspects.

If you really want to be heard, send a written letter to Corporate.  Don't expect a revamping of the shows based on a thread.  i doubt that will happen.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  Yes, get rid of the hosts and let the vendors vend.  Should apply to all products sold on the "shopping" channels.

Honored Contributor

So long as they don't growl, I guess it's OK.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

So long as they don't growl, I guess it's OK.....

Yes, I don't think I've heard belches or other bodily sounds.  But that's not to say it doesn't happen.

Respected Contributor

So you'd like to see the hosts not touch, taste or make comments on the food they're selling?  They should just stand there stoically and point or say/do nothing?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@LilMadi  your opinion is valid because...it's your opinion.

But my bet is for very 1 person who agrees with you there will be 100 that do not.

I'm especially perplexed by your statement, "or give their taste opinions."   So how is the host supposed to convey the taste of the food over TV airways if not by giving their taste opinions?  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'm especially perplexed by your statement, "or give their taste opinions."   So how is the host supposed to convey the taste of the food over TV airways if not by giving their taste opinions?  

@Caaareful Shopper   I think that doesn't matter because we all know the food is delicious, even before they tell us.  (If it wasn't, would they tell us.) They could say things like "tastes like chicken" or "really moist."  But so could the vendor.