Honored Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

spumomi99 said:  "I have never noticed any host "marking" the food so they can take it home, sorry that is just silly and petty, they make a good salary and have no reason to do that"

The hosts state themselves that they take food home. 

@LilMadi  Do you remember which hosts have said this? 

Valued Contributor

proudlyfromNJ said "Do you remember which hosts have said this?"

I'm sorry but this question is silly to me and irrelevant. The fact that you asked this implies that you don't believe me. You're looking for some kind of proof that it's false. 

It's been over a span of many years but yes, I do remember some of them. Numerous hosts have said it and that includes HSN hosts as well.

Obviously, since you are asking this question you have not watched all of the shows. Therefore, how can you claim it's never been said? The only way for you to confirm or deny it is to watch the shows in their entirety for yourself.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

@LilMadi no one on here needs to be attacked for voicing their opinion,altho,i find this happenes daily.we all can agree or disagree,but in a resectful way

Valued Contributor

@lilmadi no one on here needs to be attacked for voicing their opinion,altho,i find this happenes daily.we all can agree or disagree,but in a resectful way

Thank you sherrikay. I agree with you 100% on all points.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@LilMadi  Sorry for offending you. I won't be posting to you again. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I don't know how anyone else feels about this and I know they're trying to sell, but I would love it very much if on the food shows the hosts would not make yummy facial expressions, noises, or give their taste opinions and stories on the food products. They talk about the free food samples that were sent to their homes, they put food on the side to take home and touch the food to claim it-all while on camera. I find these things very distracting and unnecessary.

I know some people don't like the vendors at the presentations but I really want to hear what they have to say about the products. I would much rather that than listen to the hosts waste time with nonsense.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears, there must be others who share this same feeling. I think the presentations would be so much more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for having the courtesy, respect, and consideration for not attacking me for voicing my opinion =O)

@LilMadi You do not have to ask for anyone to be kind. As you can see it doesn't work anyway. You are entitled to your opinion and they are entitled to their opinion. 

The most important point you mentioned was they get free samples. They do not pay for the food. I have heard the vendor say to the host how did you like the samples we sent to you? 

A big part of the selling is the host makes it sound normal to pay $90 for ravioli or whatever the product is. When in fact it isn't the norm, and they probably don't do it either. 

Valued Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I don't know how anyone else feels about this and I know they're trying to sell, but I would love it very much if on the food shows the hosts would not make yummy facial expressions, noises, or give their taste opinions and stories on the food products. They talk about the free food samples that were sent to their homes, they put food on the side to take home and touch the food to claim it-all while on camera. I find these things very distracting and unnecessary.

I know some people don't like the vendors at the presentations but I really want to hear what they have to say about the products. I would much rather that than listen to the hosts waste time with nonsense.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears, there must be others who share this same feeling. I think the presentations would be so much more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for having the courtesy, respect, and consideration for not attacking me for voicing my opinion =O)

Gee, why would this bother you?

763FAA80-BC3A-4549-85F9-215359495307.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi  - I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to attack you.  Most are just participating in this thread and voicing their opinion.  Hope it doesn't discourage you from starting future threads.  

Respected Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

Gee, why would this bother you?

763FAA80-BC3A-4549-85F9-215359495307.jpeg

LOL!  That is a bit disturbing, and I like DV.  I've seen this particular facial expression after he's taken a bite of some Junior's cheesecake, followed up of course with the "Happy Dance!"

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 it is amazing how many ppl on these boards will agree to disagree!just saying