Honored Contributor

If they had no host and just the vendor speaking they will be cutting the program in less than half the time they have now. That would probably limit QVC's hours to about 8 per day. You don't think the vendors will be giving how many sold, etc etc. 

Honored Contributor

Asking why people buy should be the question.  Regarding food, research shows they are more likely to buy when someone is sampling the food and demonstrating it is tasty.  

QVC wouldn't do it if it didn't work.  

Respected Contributor

My opinion, on the other hand I'm happy to see all the things that you don't like, it brings life to a show that certainly would be dull if none of that was evident. 

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi You don't want them to get free samples at home?  Why?  

Respected Contributor

I have never noticed any host "marking" the food so they can take it home, sorry that is just silly and petty, they make a good salary and have no reason to do that.

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I don't know how anyone else feels about this and I know they're trying to sell, but I would love it very much if on the food shows the hosts would not make yummy facial expressions, noises, or give their taste opinions and stories on the food products. They talk about the free food samples that were sent to their homes, they put food on the side to take home and touch the food to claim it-all while on camera. I find these things very distracting and unnecessary.

I know some people don't like the vendors at the presentations but I really want to hear what they have to say about the products. I would much rather that than listen to the hosts waste time with nonsense.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears, there must be others who share this same feeling. I think the presentations would be so much more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for having the courtesy, respect, and consideration for not attacking me for voicing my opinion =O)

What helps me the most in life is to not let things I can't control, especially little things, take up space in my brain. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

In order to make the viewer think/feel/buy.....they really have no other options.

I have ordered a lot food.

The stories and expressions don't bother me in the least.

What makes me NOT watch or purchase is  a duo of two particular hosts that yell, act childish and talk over each other jockeying for more air time.  The giggling and silliness only changes the channel for me.

HOWEVER, QVC will continue to orchestrate the shows based on sales....if the shows are selling, I wouldn't expect them to change the format just because you and I dislike certain aspects.

If you really want to be heard, send a written letter to Corporate.  Don't expect a revamping of the shows based on a thread.  i doubt that will happen.

@RespectLife   I have written to corporate, as I suspect many people have, but it does no good..............

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I don't know how anyone else feels about this and I know they're trying to sell, but I would love it very much if on the food shows the hosts would not make yummy facial expressions, noises, or give their taste opinions and stories on the food products. They talk about the free food samples that were sent to their homes, they put food on the side to take home and touch the food to claim it-all while on camera. I find these things very distracting and unnecessary.

I know some people don't like the vendors at the presentations but I really want to hear what they have to say about the products. I would much rather that than listen to the hosts waste time with nonsense.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears, there must be others who share this same feeling. I think the presentations would be so much more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for having the courtesy, respect, and consideration for not attacking me for voicing my opinion =O)

@LilMadi   I agree with you and you expressed your opinion........good for you!   No need to attack anyone for their opinion!

Valued Contributor

I agree with lilmadi,  let's face it, even if the item tasted was terrible or not special, the hosts would still roll their eyes and be so pleased..  With any item it would be so good if it were a presentation.  Those who say turn the channel are right to some extent yet there are times I am interested yet dont' like being talked into.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry @Patriot3 

I didn't mean to imply that if you write to Corporate it will be changed.

I meant it will be heard.

I doubt the PTB are reading these forums.  I have seen the Mods state that they will pass the suggestion/complaint on however.

Corporate has no obligation to change things I don't like!  They are in charge, not me.

Companies should listen to responses from their customers, but are not required to change what they are doing just because I write them a letter.

We have to remember that QVC is supposedly in 95 million households.  We are a drop in the bucket compared to that.

Sales dictate...not posters.