Trusted Contributor

Just because 90 million households are able to receive QVC certainly does not mean that many are watching.   I would suspect a very small percentage of that amount.

Honored Contributor

Re: Noises & expressions

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

Just because 90 million households are able to receive QVC certainly does not mean that many are watching.   I would suspect a very small percentage of that amount.

@Junebug54 

Well, they sold over 80,000 bagels yesterday so quite a few are watching!

And that is just ONE item among hundreds or more that were on during a 24 hour time frame.

You don't produce the sales and revenue QVC does if there isn't a huge audience.

QVC is international as well.

Respected Contributor

I would like the hosts to be more specific in their descriptions of the food items.  Instead of saying it is yummy and doing a happy dance they should describe the ingredients like vanilla, cinnamon, etc.  They should also describe the textures of the food if they are crunchy, smooth, etc.

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi @Your suggestion might be good for you, but QVC directly monitors exactly when phones ring and orders rise and match these instances to on air behaibpviors from hosts. These behaviors directly lead to sales jumps. In the movie about the mop created by Joy Mangano, there is even a scene depicting how this works.

Valued Contributor

The number of taste buds and what they're able to detect differs for each of us, different sensitivities, some people are "supertasters" etc.

Therefore, there is a vast array of differences in how each of us tastes our food.

Additionally, they will say nothing but great things about what they're tasting. Therefore, neither one of these things makes any difference, except to those who believe them.

It's questionable to me whether there's even a need to convey their opinions on the taste. It's irrelevant. It will be determined when the customers use their own tongues.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

I agree with your comment about why they buy.

I'm aware that there are people who enjoy watching other people eat. I also understand that's why QVC allows the hosts to splurge in that way.

I'm also aware that those viewers get irate when they can't watch them eat, as demonstrated by comments after Covid hit. But there are two sides to every coin. There are also those who don't and that's okay too.

You are right. And if history is any indicator, there's no doubt QVC will continue to practice what benefits them the most.

Valued Contributor

Sooner said:  "You don't want them to get free samples at home? Why?"

It amazes me how many people don't comprehend what they read, read between the lines when there's no reason to, or just put words in someone's mouth. So unnecessary.

Valued Contributor

spumomi99 said:  "I have never noticed any host "marking" the food so they can take it home, sorry that is just silly and petty, they make a good salary and have no reason to do that"

The hosts state themselves that they take food home. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Noises & expressions

[ Edited ]

patriot3 and mattyliz-Thank you SO SO much!

After I responded to some comments I realized I don't need to explain myself.

If people don't agree with a post, why don't they just move on? The QVC group is the most aggressive I've ever come across, even on Facebook.

We all have every right to express our feelings and not get ganged up on or attacked for it.

Thanks again~