Respected Contributor

Re: Does QVC management read our posts?

I doubt they do. It is just another forum to them. If they did, so many things would have been corrected by now. Years of suggestions and not a whole lot has been done.

Honored Contributor

Why would they?  Most are complaints.  If the Q does change things, some posters still complain.  At times ugly things are said about hosts and vendors.  Why would anyone listen or read them?  Others yell (thru typing in caps and exclamation points) and are rude demanding action.  Others whine because they think they deserve a better deal and got gyp'd.

I say the majority of people are happy with the Q and keep buying.  Apparently it seems to be working.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

I started a forum once about hosts buying for themselves on air while presenting.  A lot of  people posted on that forum, especially about one particular host who did it all the time and some thought it was a selling tactic and didn't like it.  Well this particular host, has stopped doing it and she actually says now that she is buying it after the show if there are any left.  I have to think she was told to stop doiing it or it is just a crazy coincidence but she has definately stopped wasting our time telling the people behind the camera what color and size she wants!

So Shawn doesn't shop on air for herself anymore, @Catch71??

I'm surprised the producers let that nonsense go on as long as it did.  Maybe management is indeed reading these forums! 

Esteemed Contributor

No.  If they did the forums would have shut down long ago.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

I started a forum once about hosts buying for themselves on air while presenting.  A lot of  people posted on that forum, especially about one particular host who did it all the time and some thought it was a selling tactic and didn't like it.  Well this particular host, has stopped doing it and she actually says now that she is buying it after the show if there are any left.  I have to think she was told to stop doiing it or it is just a crazy coincidence but she has definately stopped wasting our time telling the people behind the camera what color and size she wants!

So Shawn doesn't shop on air for herself anymore, @Catch71??

I'm surprised the producers let that nonsense go on as long as it did.  Maybe management is indeed reading these forums! 

I think the host melt down (alluded to in the above post), where she spent at least 3 minutes, a long time for TV, going back and forth in an agitated state with her producer on colors and sizes that were left for her to buy while totally ignoring the vendor and the viewer and her job, was the last time I have seen her shop on air. I have to think management had to step in it because it was too blatant to ignore. I’d like to think the thread here also was considered, but there is little evidence that our complaints and suggestions carry much weight.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley

I certainly didn't see her gushing over any of the Denim and company things she presented last night.  Seriously, I cannot see Shawn wearing D & C ever.  She tried on one sweater with her outfitand it looked clownish.  I had just turned Q on at that moment and thought, what in the heck is Shawn wearing?  I would have to think she is not thrilled hosting D & C ; not a good fit for her.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@SunValley

I certainly didn't see her gushing over any of the Denim and company things she presented last night.  Seriously, I cannot see Shawn wearing D & C ever.  She tried on one sweater with her outfitand it looked clownish.  I had just turned Q on at that moment and thought, what in the heck is Shawn wearing?  I would have to think she is not thrilled hosting D & C ; not a good fit for her.

I’m not sure what her style is, but I agree, it isn’t D&C. While some of her fashion choices miss the mark for me, I like that she makes it interesting. 

Valued Contributor

@MW in Iowa If there is no ingredient list, (fodd included) I assume there is at least one toxic ingredient in it that prevents me from buying. Most if not all skin care on the Q is too toxic for my standards.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that customer complaints about hosts ordering on air during shows did put a stop to that practice; whether that was due to comments here, or comments sent directly to corporate, I don't know.

I do know that at some point that host stopped the behavior, and other hosts mentioned that they could no longer order during a show.  An edict must have been handed down.

Her behavior was particularly egregious and hopefully she was reprimanded.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

The threads and posts complaining about the hosts ordering on-air have been copious and ubiquitous for many, many years.    Many were deleted ("poofed") but a search of the website results in a number of them even now.   

It's a practice I didn't see when I started watching some of the Q back in the 1990s -- in fact, hosts often remarked that they weren't permitted to buy until after the presentations.   Something changed after that, and I first noticed Lisa Robertson ordering on-air and it seemed to take off from there.   

It ebbs and flows...   but even though I normally refrain from negative comments about hosts, I want to mention that I saw a couple of the presentations referenced here which surely were egregious and unprofessional and couldn't have been good for sales.😳   Then, there was a persistent rush of threads about it (and Facebook posts, too) and it does seem to be "ebbing" for now.   

As with everything else, though, I don't think the actual “QVC management” saw any of it directly on the Community or other social media.  

I think the “powers-that-be” have staff -- including the QVC Social Team -- who are tasked with monitoring for trends (the ones that don't seem to be special interest agenda-fueled or "troll"-fueled) and who pass along the information to management for consideration.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova