Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

Sure there are some (inconvenient) ways around the issue as a few have noted.....  but why struggle with video defaults, guessing at colors on-line that appear different from tv, etc. when there is so elementary, so basic a solution. That QVC is blind to the importance of giving product information up front boggles my mind.

When you have a rack of colors, all of which cannot be seen on tv, rattle them off first, let the phones ring, then point out features, let the phones ring some more, then shmooze. Easy peasy.

And, I would add,why do we need "hosts" if they won't show colors,give measurements etc.  Isn't that their job? They can "sell" after telling us the basics of what they're selling.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Colors first, please!

[ Edited ]

I'm betting (well, not really) that there are thousands of DH's and S/O's across the country who would prefer to pick up their phones and call in an order (a gift, etc.) for their spouse or S/O.   I'm serious.  Who wants to turn on a computer and order online, anyway.  In some areas (here) service is very, very slow.  Easier to order by phone, especially (dare I say) for some men.   Bottom line:  Yes, Colors first!!!!..........p.s.  I'll take a look at 'Suggestions' category.  Thanks!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Please ask the vendors to not interrupt the colors and start talking about the details or fabric and let the host finish with the colors. Not everyone wants to drop what they're doing and go to their computer to find out more info. Less nonsense and more down to business please!

Honored Contributor

Yes, COLORS FIRST!  QVC: There is a thread titled Colors First in the Community Chat category.  Lots of folks want to see colors and names of the colors in the beginning of the presentations.  Very important, because colors have specific names.  And also, lots of DH's and S/O's, relatives, etc. would like to order by phone when they see a specific color and it's official name in the beginning of the presentation.  Please, colors first!  Please tell the control people to keep reminding the hosts in their ear buds:  'Colors first......colors first'.............Thank you so much (said in a nice way).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm betting (well, not really) that there are thousands of DH's and S/O's across the country who would prefer to pick up their phones and call in an order for their spouse or S/O.   I'm serious.  Who wants to turn on a computer and order online, anyway.  In some areas (here) service is very, very slow.  Easier to order by phone, especially (dare I say) for some men.   Bottom line:  Yes, Colors first!!!!..........p.s.  I'll take a look at 'Suggestions' category.  Thanks!

Huh?

Men have to call in orders for their wives?  Why? 

Honored Contributor

bri20:  Hey, I've recieved quite a few nice gifts that I hadn't ordered myself.  Believe it or not, some men like to order gifts, too.   It's holiday season, after all.  Not to mention yearly birthdays.  (Said in a nice way)

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY, I didn't realize you meant ordering gifts for their wives.

Honored Contributor

bri:  That's ok......I went back and edited.   It's been my experience (around here) that some men prefer to order on the phone............I really don't know why, but I've observed them calling, rather than fooling around on the computer.  Could be old fashioned slow computers, etc.  Anyway, they seem to be much happier when they talk on the phone wth the order representative.   (Some men, not all, of course)

Honored Contributor

Re: Colors first, please!

[ Edited ]

Hey, QVC:  I just noticed a huge difference, while watching a previously recorded SG show with Pat.  They showed COLORS first!  Was it a coincidence?  I don't know, but I hope it's a habit (good).  Thank you, control people, for reminding the hosts to show colors first!   This would be a huge improvement and convenience, especially for a few men in our family who like to see colors first, take notes, and then pick up the phone to order gifts for their wives, etc.  I'm sure there are plenty of folks (men and women) across this country who order by phone (including  myself).  Sometimes they (we) have questions regarding fit and garment length, etc. Thank you for those 'colors first'.  Heart

Frequent Contributor

Gosh, I wonder who you mean . .. . . .!