Honored Contributor

There are people who still buy from the  TV presentation, but that really isn't the point.Instead of whimsical little stories, or other foolishness. Tell the dimensions,colors and important details. Information makes me more likely to buy, and if you're a good salesperson you can do it and be interesting. Just a thought.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

You're posting this on a computer on the very website that also has pictures of every color of any item you're interested in.... no waiting.  Smiley Happy

Sure, sometimes it's handy to check colors on the computer.  This morning in my case, my iPad was charging in a different room.  If I had seen a color I wanted in the coat I would have disengaged myself from my crochet pile and gone to the other room to order.  Too much of a hassle to get up and move everything each time I wanted to look at a color, and the one I liked was sold out by the time they showed it.  

Trusted Contributor

@pommom.  Many of us have mentioned this same problem for a long time.  For those who told you to look on line, we have also discussed the fact that the colors do not always look the same on line as on TV.  Frequently a host will mention that the actual color does not match the name given and they try to give us an accurate description so that we can make a choice.  Recent!y I received a purse and a pair of pants that did not match the color name given.  I did read reviews before I ordered both and there was no mention of color.  I did like the quality of the items so I kept them.  The purse was expensive but I would lose about $25 in s&h if I were to return it.  I can use it with neutrals this winter but to dark for summer.  I also wish that they did not cover tops up with jackets, etc so that we can not see if they fit properly.  Jackets left unbutton often look like they are to small and can not be buttoned.  The plus ladies could turn around and let us see the back of the garments like the tall slender models do.  We are trusting QVC to make sure we get all of the information we need to make a purchase so we are not asking to much.

Respected Contributor

I've noticed that they do dawdle with nonsense jabber alot  before presenting clothing color and sizing, but when David is showing kitchen products they sure do get to the colors and designs quite quickly and have even interrupted the vendor during his/her demonstration to get to the colors.  I find it quite odd.

Honored Contributor

@pommom

Excellent point, and I hope you take the time to post this in the Suggestion Box section ...  QVC should get this suggestion.

Honored Contributor

It's also the job of the peeps in the control room/ear buds to firmly remind/and say "Colors first...........Colors first...........Colors first".  That should prompt the host to then say: "We're going to show colors first".............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Lots of folks all over this country who aren't on their computers and who watch QVC TV shows and order by phone.   They would love to see 'colors first'.  jmo

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Re: Colors first, please!

[ Edited ]

I agree, they're slow on choices given in beauty shows, too. Like the scent options, they even leave out unscented as if because there isn't a scent they might forget to say if there is that in some Josie Maran shows. I've noticed with make-up they are getting worse about not naming all the of the shades or name of the brush in a set. I might already own it, so I want all the information. Seems like they are getting sloppy in TV just for other nonsense I could care less about.

Honored Contributor

I think most people follow along on their tablets or computers and the hosts forget that there are still some people who only watch on tv.  Although, even if they don't get to the colors right away, the colors are always visible on tv.  You can tell colors they are selling. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Colors first, please!

[ Edited ]

Some of the colors are called other names.  So, I'm thinking that having the actual name of the color would be very handy when ordering by phone.  That way, there's no mistake as to which actual color(s) we have ordered.  Sometimes 'hashing out' (trying to find out the official name) a color (without an actual name) with the order operator is wasting a lot of time on both ends.  Just a thought, of course.