Trusted Contributor

Re: All-Day theme programming -- blech!

stevieB - Excellent summation of the new QVC but what are we supposed to do with it?  Hope for better programming?  Prowl around the website looking for backroom deals?  Turning off the channel and seeking other venues like HSN, Evine and JT?  Or do we keeping endlessly suggesting that QVC take notice of its bad reviews from customers who want the old way back?

Honored Contributor

Since January 2015, I watched Q 3 times  - their Jan and Aug 2015 and Jan 2016  all day gold days.  I didn't watch those entire days but I did watch a chunk of the shows.  Otherwise, their programming is on auto-pilot, repeat, repeat, repeat, so I don't watch anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newlook456 wrote:

stevieB - Excellent summation of the new QVC but what are we supposed to do with it?  Hope for better programming?  Prowl around the website looking for backroom deals?  Turning off the channel and seeking other venues like HSN, Evine and JT?  Or do we keeping endlessly suggesting that QVC take notice of its bad reviews from customers who want the old way back?

It's a conundrum @newname0... Pretty clearly, I haven't a problem with continued suggestions that they hear their audiences concerns and respond. Heaven only knows, I've been singing this song now for several years about their miserable on-air operation. Sadly, I think our feedback is largely considered irrelevant, because they keep on offering the same stale format and now, for heaven's sake, they've expanded the desolation to a second channel, where they either repeat pre-recorded dreariness or supplement it with yet more new tedium... Speaking purely for myself, while I hoped against hope for quite some time, I've now opted to rarely turn on QVC. It's just not fun anymore. Conversely, it's rather unpleasant on so many levels.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I used to watch qvc for fun, or at least have it on as white noise. I no longer do that. I AM grateful they don't have endless timepiece shows. That would cause me to defenestrate myself.

I would watch 24- hour shows of Alberti selling anything.
Valued Contributor

I've often wondered if QVC either had some mistake in buying too many items they can't sell as predicted or they've taken some advice from one of those agencies that changes their business plan. It would be interesting to know details though...

Occasional Contributor

TUNES Me totally out. It is a dumb idea. I see all day Bose, HP, whatever and head elsewhere.

Whose bright idea is this??

Occasional Contributor

QVC has changed and not for the better. Don't need them. SO easy to find things elsewhere. I used to by gold jewelry back when, but the poor quality they put out there now, may as well shop at Walmart. Seriously.