Super Contributor

Re: A vinyl coated cotton bag for $215? A nylon bag for $150?? Really??

On 3/3/2014 Hi Cindy said:

This Dooney was totally worth it. Dooney & Bourke Floral Coated Fabric N/S Collins Hobo Bag - A216244

A216244 Light weight and fun with colored zippers. That's the only one I have purchased outside of the Kiplings on sale at Macy's.

I have two pieces from this line and they are among my favorites!
Super Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Hi Cindy said:

This Dooney was totally worth it. Dooney & Bourke Floral Coated Fabric N/S Collins Hobo Bag - A216244

A216244 Light weight and fun with colored zippers. That's the only one I have purchased outside of the Kiplings on sale at Macy's.

I have two pieces from this line and they are among my favorites!
Regular Contributor

On 3/3/2014 stevieb said:

Yep. Really. That's just the price of doing business if you want one. But you know, if you don't, the really fabulous news is that you don't have to buy one! Isn't that great!

With all due respect the subject was about women being smart enough NOT to pay the outrageous price, Dooney desires to tag a coated cotton or nylon bag for, not if the op chooses to buy one or not.

These are the bags at our local outlet store that are half price three months out of the year. So, no you don't have to pay that price to do business with Dooney.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Goldreich said:
On 3/3/2014 stevieb said:

Yep. Really. That's just the price of doing business if you want one. But you know, if you don't, the really fabulous news is that you don't have to buy one! Isn't that great!

With all due respect the subject was about women being smart enough NOT to pay the outrageous price, Dooney desires to tag a coated cotton or nylon bag for, not if the op chooses to buy one or not.

These are the bags at our local outlet store that are half price three months out of the year. So, no you don't have to pay that price to do business with Dooney.

That's the price of getting one home from QVC... So yes, if one chooses to purchase here that's the price of doing business... I'll agree most bags, not just coated or nylon, can be had for less and that it's smarter to seek out better pricing, but that wasn't my take on what the OP was saying. If it was, then that point might have been made more clear, and I can agree it makes sense to purchase anything, not just a bag, where one can garner the best price, but it seemed the point was that nylon and coated bags in particular were dumb purchases, so I'll have to disagree with that assessment.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

A dumb purchase is what someone else buys that you don't want. I can think of several ""dumb purchases"" some of you have talked about that you made. Dumb to me is not dumb to everyone. I have proof of that! LOL!!

Frequent Contributor

I guess that makes me not very smart in some people's opinions because I buy Dooney cotton coated and nylon bags, I think the prices are very reasonable for designer bags, they aren't just any old cotton or nylon bag, they are extremely well made, have leather on them, and last forever. They are totally worth the price, JMO.
Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2014 Violetsmimi said: I guess that makes me not very smart in some people's opinions because I buy Dooney cotton coated and nylon bags, I think the prices are very reasonable for designer bags, they aren't just any old cotton or nylon bag, they are extremely well made, have leather on them, and last forever. They are totally worth the price, JMO.

I've only sprung for one Dooney nylon, which I got on sale elsewhere, but do have several of the coated cotton bags (most bought on sale) and I love them... I still prefer leather bags and try to find them at discount or on sale, but I don't personally feel it's up to anyone to decide what 'smart' for somebody else, though it's fine to say something isn't 'smart' for you...

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2014 Sooner said:

A dumb purchase is what someone else buys that you don't want. I can think of several "dumb purchases" some of you have talked about that you made. Dumb to me is not dumb to everyone. I have proof of that! LOL!!

Exactly. There are things offered here (and everywhere else) at prices I'd not pay. For me, purchase of those items isn't a bright move...

Highlighted
Contributor

I just purchased my first cotton coated bag by DB the EVA in yellow on ILOVEDOONEY. Has anyone purchased this bag and is the color a pretty or birght color. I want a yellow bag and that is just not a color I use but for some reason I think it would be pretty with all the soft colors this spring.

I own several DB's but have never purchased from ILD and I am not sure of the handles not folding . Thank you for your help ahead of time.

Super Contributor

I have a nylon Erica in Dooney and Bourke and well as a coated cotton or two and I love them. I can toss them around and they look like new. I finally got tired of spending money for a bag of low quality and throwing that away after one season. I will have these bags for a very long time. I do go for sale items and don't think I paid retail for any of them.