Honored Contributor

Re: A vinyl coated cotton bag for $215? A nylon bag for $150?? Really??

Yep. Really. That's just the price of doing business if you want one. But you know, if you don't, the really fabulous news is that you don't have to buy one! Isn't that great!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I know, right? Redonkulus !

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Redonkulous! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Too funny. I didn't read the previous replies before I posted a few minutes ago, and then I read yours and laughed out loud. We both used the same word ~ differently spelling ~ mine was just a guess. Smile

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Hi Cindy said:

This Dooney was totally worth it. Dooney & Bourke Floral Coated Fabric N/S Collins Hobo Bag - A216244

A216244 Light weight and fun with colored zippers. That's the only one I have purchased outside of the Kiplings on sale at Macy's.

Wondering if you read my post above??...Wink.......Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2014 twopeas said:
On 3/3/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Redonkulous! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Too funny. I didn't read the previous replies before I posted a few minutes ago, and then I read yours and laughed out loud. We both used the same word ~ differently spelling ~ mine was just a guess. Smile

Since it's not a real word, I'm pretty sure everyone who spells it is just guessing.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Susan Louise said:

This Dooney was totally worth it. Dooney & Bourke Floral Coated Fabric N/S Collins Hobo Bag - A216244

A216244 Light weight and fun with colored zippers. That's the only one I have purchased outside of the Kiplings on sale at Macy's.

I believe you were my inspiration !!!

One more thing, on 3/7 Brighton is coming out with a line inspired by VERA (Neumann) I can't wait: I had a ton of her stuff in the 1970's.

Vera and Brighton

Legendary designer and artist Vera Neumann (1907–1993) believed in art’s ability to inspire and enrich lives. An innovator and one of the most successful female entrepreneurs of her time, Vera built her company on a radical philosophy: fine art should be accessible to everyone, not just a select few. Known for her iconic images of cheerful flowers, trendy geometrics, and vibrant ladybugs, she believed people should surround themselves with beauty.

Vera Neumann

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Susan Louise said:

I believe you were my inspiration !!!

One more thing, on 3/7 Brighton is coming out with a line inspired by VERA (Neumann) I can't wait: I had a ton of her stuff in the 1970's.

Vera and Brighton

Legendary designer and artist Vera Neumann (1907–1993) believed in art’s ability to inspire and enrich lives. An innovator and one of the most successful female entrepreneurs of her time, Vera built her company on a radical philosophy: fine art should be accessible to everyone, not just a select few. Known for her iconic images of cheerful flowers, trendy geometrics, and vibrant ladybugs, she believed people should surround themselves with beauty.

Vera Neumann

OMG! I remember now...SOOOOO glad you love yours too!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Love the 1st pic/image in your post with the pink and gold flowers!!!

Trusted Contributor

I've loved Vera since the 50's! I even have a couple of pieces of hers saved from years ago. She got started, I think, with a square, scarf-like top in a big flower print. Adorable!
Respected Contributor

LV set the gold standard for these kind of bags. I wouldn't purchase one now for very good reasons. If you have the means, go for it.

My pieces by LV has held up beautifully. They are lightweight and easy to clean and are as beautiful as the day I bought them. Stitching and zipper still in great shape.

The DB bags are well made, but don't really compare to LV. The fabrication, though similar, isn't quite the same quality. However, they still are well made and more affordable and if cared for properly, will last many years. The same can be said for the nylon bags made by Dooney.

Lightweight, well made and easy to care for? Why wouldn't you buy?

Respected Contributor

I own only one coated cotton and got it at Lord & Taylor for over 50% off retail, I wouldn't even consider paying full price at the Q for a Dooney.