Frequent Contributor

I have to try your way, nice & eas.  Thanks 

Honored Contributor

I hate to admit this, but I actually drink that sweet pickle juice.  This sounds like a much better use.  And, no, I'm not the only one.  Our store's cooler actually sells canned pickle juice in with the soda.

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess I'll be the odd woman out ....

I just buy pickled beets, put the can in the fridge and use them as a cold side dish vegetable for lunch ... goes nice with a sandwich, and much healthier than chips!  

Respected Contributor

I love pickled beets. Mama always fixed them for Easter, adding hard boiled eggs so they would turn pink. We kids always thought of it as a special treat, having "dyed" eggs to eat without having to peel them! Daddy loved them, as well, but he loved everything pickled, even fish. He's of Polish/Slovakian descent from PA and mama's from Scots-Irish descent from SC so I'm not sure where the tradition started. I eat them often on my salads.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, I guess I'll be the odd woman out ....

I just buy pickled beets, put the can in the fridge and use them as a cold side dish vegetable for lunch ... goes nice with a sandwich, and much healthier than chips!  

I am with you. I buy P______ Farms pickled beets in a jar. And put them on my salad at lunch. 

Better than anything I could make.

Honored Contributor

I love pickled beets too, but never made them.  I just get et the jarred ones, Aunti Q's or something like that.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

If you've ever watched Swamp People, several of those alligator hunters take dill pickles and pickle juice with them to help combat dehydration from the intense sun and heat.  

My construction worker cousin and her husband are big fans of drinking dill pickle juice on the job every day.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop   Dill pickle juice has a lot of salt in it.  Good for those who sweat a lot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment