Respected Contributor

Pumpkin Muffins, Two Ingredients

This might be 'old hat' to some of y'all, but I tried it for the first time this morning.  This yielded 18 good muffins.  The next time I make them--which will be soon--I might embellish with raisins and/or pecans and a brown sugar topping.  I tried a little cream cheese icing on one, and decided they're better without the added sweetness.  The other note worth mentioning is that I used a Spice Cake Mix instead of the Classic Yellow depicted here. 

pumpkin muffins.jpg

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Muffins, Two Ingredients

@IamMrsG wrote:

This might be 'old hat' to some of y'all, but I tried it for the first time this morning.  This yielded 18 good muffins.  The next time I make them--which will be soon--I might embellish with raisins and/or pecans and a brown sugar topping.  I tried a little cream cheese icing on one, and decided they're better without the added sweetness.  The other note worth mentioning is that I used a Spice Cake Mix instead of the Classic Yellow depicted here. 

pumpkin muffins.jpg

Thanks for sharing.  I will give this a try.  I think my daughter will like this.

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG  Here is two words for your shared recipe, it sounds simply delicious.  Thanks for sharing_

Trusted Contributor

I have some cooked sweet potatoes I'm trying to use up. Think that would work instead of pumpkin? Maybe make sure and drain them well? I am pretty sure I have made these with pumpkin but it's been a long time. Can't really remember how they came out.

Honored Contributor

I read this every year around this time and I always forget about it.  Thanks so much  for posting.  I'm going to make some this weekend and I like your idea about using Spice cake mix.  I think carrot cake mix is an option too.

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG 

It's a good thing I don't have a cake mix in the house, or these would be in the oven.

I've been using canned pumpkin with cheesecake flavored sugar free pudding and a 1 and 1/2 cups of almond milk and it's delcious.

However, having a nice warm muffin would be even better.  Cat LOL

Will give them a try this weekend and then give most of them away!

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

RE:  ". . . cooked sweet potatoes I'm trying to use up. . ."

@Renata22  Yes, I do think the potatoes would work in lieu of the pumpkin (ever had sweet potato pie?)  If you try the potatoes, I'd appreciate hearing your opinion of the results.  For seasoning, here's the blend I use:

Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Store in an airtight container.
Respected Contributor

I don’t have muffin pans since my move.  Could I do this in a cake pan?  9x13 or 9x9?  

I would definitely add nuts and/or raisins.

Honored Contributor

I make a pumpkin applesauce muffin topped with a maple glaze.  It is not as easy to make as the OP's recipe.  But here is the recipe for the glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar

3 tbsp cream

1/2 tsp maple extract

Drizzle over cooled muffins.

Respected Contributor

RE:  "Will give them a try this weekend and then give most of them away!"

@Witchy Woman  That's what I did!  I ate one, kept two, and gave the rest to my DIL.  Then, I washed down the drain the cream cheese icing I didn't use . Woman Sad