Trusted Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Muffins, Two Ingredients

@IamMrsG Thanks for that info. Yes, I definitely have had sweet potato pie many times and we love. Smiley Happy

Will let you know if I make. Not sure I have a cake mix in the house.

@deepwaterdotter That sounds delicious!!

Respected Contributor

RE:  Could I do this in a cake pan?  9x13 or 9x9?  

@alicedee   I don't see why not (I was even thinking about a loaf pan, for a bread), but be sure to keep a close eye on them.  My muffins (small size, in a cupcake pan) were fully baked after 20 minutes.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@alicedee   I don't see why not (I was even thinking about a loaf pan, for a bread), but be sure to keep a close eye on them.  My muffins (small size, in a cupcake pan) were fully baked after 20 minutes.  

Thank you you so much!  I am definitely trying it....something “fall-ish” to take to my sister’s!

Respected Contributor

RE:  I think carrot cake mix is an option too.

@chrystaltree    Or gingerbread?  

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

Thank you you so much!  I am definitely trying it....something “fall-ish” to take to my sister’s!

@alicedee   Another thought:  Be sure to grease the pan (or line with parchment paper). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found when I made this it needed some spice...I added cinnamon and nutmeg...I think it would be even better with using a can of pumpkin pie mix rather than plain pumpkin since the mix has the seasoning already in it. Oh I also added some ginger. Still too hot here to even bake anything yet. Guess I will have to rely on the pumpkin streusel muffins at Costco....yum!

Respected Contributor

OMG .. what a great idea .. Thank you .....!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy muffin central starting here real soon!  Thanks @IamMrsG  

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman,  

RE:  I've been using canned pumpkin with cheesecake flavored sugar free pudding and            1 and 1/2 cups of almond milk and it's delcious.

Curious.  What is the outcome..... pudding,  smoothie, a crustless pie or what???  It sounds good with that almond milk, whatever is the result!

Respected Contributor

I started making a pumpkin cake last year only with sugar free cake mix (health issues).  Use a cream cheese frosting made w/little sugar, cream cheese and greek yogurt (instead of butter). 

Still not certain of all the spices so I use 1.5 times what is indicated on the can of pumpkin for pumpkin pie.  My BF would prefer it more like spice cake. LOL