Super Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Muffins, Two Ingredients

I need to try this, hope it works with gluten free cake mix

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG  I also make this recipe with the Spice Cake Mix all year round. I do add pumpkin chips or I sometimes add butterscotch chips (the pumpkin is better). I buy several bags of the chips when available and freeze several bags so I have them throughout the year.  I've made this in 2 cake pans and also as muffins. Always turns out great.

Thanks.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:

@Witchy Woman,  

RE:  I've been using canned pumpkin with cheesecake flavored sugar free pudding and            1 and 1/2 cups of almond milk and it's delcious.

Curious.  What is the outcome..... pudding,  smoothie, a crustless pie or what???  It sounds good with that almond milk, whatever is the result!

@vabreeze   Until  @Witchy Woman answers, you might want to check out this Weight Watchers' recipe for Pumpkin Fluff.  Made with instant vanilla pudding, milk, a can of pumpkin and Cool Whip, it's very similar to her version.  It produces a delicious soft pudding-like consistency.  Tastes like pumpkin pie without the crust (but I've been tempted to put vanilla wafers under it).  Gilding the lily.Woman Embarassed

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@Coquille   Thanks for the tip.  I have never heard of pumpkin chips, but will definitely start looking for them.  I think they would be especially good in a recipe for pumpkin scones that I will be making soon.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Coquille   Thanks for the tip.  I have never heard of pumpkin chips, but will definitely start looking for them.  I think they would be especially good in a recipe for pumpkin scones that I will be making soon.  

@IamMrsG  I buy them at target and as I said before, I load up on them. I also load up on the Ghirardelli white chocolate mint chip pieces or chips at target. Grab them when you see them because they go really fast.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor

I've been making this for years and it's a winner.  A friend puts mini chocolate chips in hers.

Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@vabreeze wrote:

@Witchy Woman,  

RE:  I've been using canned pumpkin with cheesecake flavored sugar free pudding and 1 and 1/2 cups of almond milk and it's delcious.

Curious.  What is the outcome..... pudding,  smoothie, a crustless pie or what???  It sounds good with that almond milk, whatever is the result!

@vabreeze   Until  @Witchy Woman answers, you might want to check out this Weight Watchers' recipe for Pumpkin Fluff.  Made with instant vanilla pudding, milk, a can of pumpkin and Cool Whip, it's very similar to her version.  It produces a delicious soft pudding-like consistency.  Tastes like pumpkin pie without the crust (but I've been tempted to put vanilla wafers under it).  Gilding the lily.Woman Embarassed

@IamMrsG , Thanks for your reply.  I like the idea of the vanilla wafers under the fluff! although Pepperidge Farms Chessmen would be my cookies of choice as they are in my banana pudding..  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze 

I typed this before seeing the other responses.  They already answered your questions, but I'll continue.

The outcome is just a delightful pudding. 

With the pumpkin, it is a bit more dense than if you just used milk, but I like that.  Sometimes I use the whole can, sometimes I just use half.  It really depends on how much you like pumpkin.  I love it.

I should have said I also use pumpkin pie spice when mixing.  Probably close to a tablespoon, but you can adjust to your taste.

It's like a soft pumpkin pie, but no crust!  I really like the idea of using a cookie crust, but.....I'm trying to cut down on sugar and limit anything with artificial sweeteners.

I've also frozen them into pops (I have those plastic pop forms), and it's equally as good.

Esteemed Contributor

@cindyNC 

What a great idea!

I'll have to look for sugar free mixes in my store.  It's really great how many products are now available for those of us who want them!

Used to be there were no choices, but that's changed for the better.

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@vabreeze 

I typed this before seeing the other responses.  They already answered your questions, but I'll continue.

The outcome is just a delightful pudding. 

With the pumpkin, it is a bit more dense than if you just used milk, but I like that.  Sometimes I use the whole can, sometimes I just use half.  It really depends on how much you like pumpkin.  I love it.

I should have said I also use pumpkin pie spice when mixing.  Probably close to a tablespoon, but you can adjust to your taste.

It's like a soft pumpkin pie, but no crust!  I really like the idea of using a cookie crust, but.....I'm trying to cut down on sugar and limit anything with artificial sweeteners.

I've also frozen them into pops (I have those plastic pop forms), and it's equally as good.

@Witchy Woman, Thanks for replying.  You know, I like pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie and butternut squash pie which, basically, are all similarly made.  I plan to make both the muffins and your fluff recipe (aka ' p, sp or bsq muffins or fluff pie shortcut') from these three main ingredients with a cookiie crust as suggested by @IamMrsG . I may also include some of those pumpkin chips that @Coquille uses.  You guys share the best recipes!!!.