Super Contributor

I have made Pork Tenderloin in a slow cooker using barbeque sauce, but it was really dry. Going to try one in the oven with veggies.  How long should I cook it?  Looking for a good recipe if you have one.  Something simple just veggies and seasoning.

Super Contributor

On the pork tenderloin I bought, the directions said to bake 20-30 minutes per pound....it turned out juicy....I've also done one in the crockpot & it turned out dry as well.....You wouldn't think that would happen in a crockpot.........

Esteemed Contributor

My husband cooks pork tenderloin a lot.

He cooks it in the oven, "hot and fast," I think 20 min. at 400 degrees.

Honored Contributor

It varies, depending on the size & shape of the meat.

20 min per lb is a good place to start but you really need a meat thermometer to know for sure.

Use high heat, anywhere from 375 to 425

Marinate the meat

@shiningstar wrote:

I have made Pork Tenderloin in a slow cooker using barbeque sauce, but it was really dry. Going to try one in the oven with veggies.  How long should I cook it?  Looking for a good recipe if you have one.  Something simple just veggies and seasoning.

Regular Contributor

I marinate a pork tenderloin overnight.  When I'm ready to cook it, I cook it at 375° for 45 minutes and then turn the temperature down to 350° for 45 minutes.  Comes out perfect every time.

Honored Contributor

I'd try using a pressure cooker... in fact, I will try it the next time I get a pork tenderloin. 

So far, all meat I put in there comes out moist and delicious.

Respected Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

I marinate a pork tenderloin overnight.  When I'm ready to cook it, I cook it at 375° for 45 minutes and then turn the temperature down to 350° for 45 minutes.  Comes out perfect every time.

@Bluffbaker

What marinade do you use to marinate the pork?

Trusted Contributor

The secret to a tender tenderloin is to first remove all that shiny,silvery skin.  Stick a sharp knife under it and slice it off.  Then  rub it with oil,season,( I use thyme plus s and p) and sear it in skillet that can go in oven. Use a splashguard. Takes about 12 minutes.  Then put it in 425 oven for 10-12 minutes.  Check.  Do a little longer if needed,but don't overbake or you'll have dry. Takes a little time,but the end is worth it. Start veggies on stove and finish them in oven.  Just a suggestion, 

Valued Contributor

I think baked tenderloins are easy!  I like them cooked with fruit. 

Preheat your oven to 375.

Sprinkle your tenderloins (I usually make 2 one pound tenderloins) with salt and pepper (I also add 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped rosemary.)

Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a heavy, oven proof skillet over medium high.  Add pork and saute until brown, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. 

Remove pork from pan to a plate.  Add 4 chopped shallots to the pan and saute for about 4 minutes, or until slightly browned.

Add around 2 1/2 cups (total) of apples, cranberries, dried apricots, dried cherries, prunes, pears, mandarin oranges... Virtually any fruit or combination of fruit you like!  I keep changing my fruit😀  (Try ...3/4 diced dried apples, 1/2 fresh Cubed Granny Smith applies and 1/2 cup cranberries.)  Stir for one minute and then add 1 1/2 cup chicken stock and 1/2 cup dry white wine.   Boil one minute and return pork to pan with any plate juices to the skillet, turning to coat with sauce.

Place skillet in oven and roast for about 25 minutes until thermometer reads 145 to 150.  Do not overcook as this causes meat to be dry. 

Remove pork to a platter to rest 10 minutes.  While resting, boil down juices until they coat back of spoon and season with salt and pepper.  Slice pork and pour sauce over.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela