Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If memory serves, I think I have posted this before, but cannot remember (or credit) the source for the recipe.  This was the Gs' dinner tonight, and we thought it was delicious.

Cider Pecan Pork Tenderloin

1 lb. pork tenderloin
1/2 cup apple cider

Marinate pork in cider at least 8 hours, or overnight.

Rub:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup pecans, chopped

Combine brown sugar, mustard, salt, and garlic. Spread onto tenderloin. Roll in pecans.

Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Mrs. G's note:   Excellent Autumn meal served with sweet potatoes, roasted/caramelized Brussels sprouts and Sauvignon Blanc.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cider Pecan Pork Tenderloin

This sounds great, thanks!  I love your note with suggestions....especially the wine!  I will try it....pork ...and wine...ha!

Respected Contributor

You're welcome, @walker.  We had a new-to-us wine label tonight. Neither DH nor I remember where, when or how we got it, but it was good. We both like a good, grapefruity, Sauvignon Blanc, and this one fit the bill.

It's from Marlborough, NZ, but I feel safe in saying was likely less expensive than a Kim Crawford--but every bit as good.  If you can find it, I highly recommend Prophecy Sauv. Blanc.  Ours was a 2013 vintage, btw.

Image result for prophecy wine

Honored Contributor

Sounds good.  I have this printed!

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

This sounds so good!

I am forcing myself to eat the 'stuff' that has taken up long residence in my freezer and alas....no pork tenderloins...but I sure look forward to trying this soon! 

If you posted it before, I missed it and very much appreciate the post.

It won't be long b4 I am down to frozen corn and frozen butter!  Then I get to shop again!

Might I add that I think you must be one of the best cooks out there!  And you are so cute too...(re: muffin comment...tee hee!)  I just LOVE your posts Mrs. G!

Thanks for the wine suggestion...it is going on my list.  Unfortunately, I have to drink up my stash of wine too b4 I am allowed to buy again!  That will teach me to stock up too much!  Hiccup!

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG

thank you for posting. sounds wonderful and I have a tenderloin in freezer that I've been wondering what I would do with.

One of my favorite meals in the fall is one of yours....it's a Kielbasa with apples and brussels sprouts, etc. roasted in oven.

We love that.

Respected Contributor

Daggone you, @RespectLife and @HB glamma!  Just when I've about made up my mind to delete my account and nickname, and wash my hands of this place, here you come with nice and encouraging things to say.  

I have had one-too-many run-ins for my liking with posters and Moderators this week, muffins being the least of 'em (, @RespectLife.  Woman Wink)  I started participating in these forums for the entertainment value, but being scolded, criticized and ridiculed by self-educated folks sitting on high horses is not my idea of entertainment.  Do ya know what I mean?!

So here comes @RespectLife and @HB glamma being just as friendly and warm as can be!   You two are among a dwindling group on these forums.  Anyway, thank you for your friendliness.  Sincerely.  It's gratifying, too, to hear you have liked some of the recipes I've posted along the way.

BTW, @RespectLife, just like that bullfrog Jeremiah, I'd be happy to help you drink your wine.   (P.S.  Oh, and I, too, have freezer drawers stuffed full of corn and butter.  And Georgia peaches, too.)                ---Mrs. G.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Daggone you, @RespectLife and @HB glamma!  Just when I've about made up my mind to delete my account and nickname, and wash my hands of this place, here you come with nice and encouraging things to say.  

I have had one-too-many run-ins for my liking with posters and Moderators this week, muffins being the least of 'em (, @RespectLife.  Woman Wink)  I started participating in these forums for the entertainment value, but being scolded, criticized and ridiculed by self-educated folks sitting on high horses is not my idea of entertainment.  Do ya know what I mean?!

So here comes @RespectLife and @HB glamma being just as friendly and warm as can be!   You two are among a dwindling group on these forums.  Anyway, thank you for your friendliness.  Sincerely.  It's gratifying, too, to hear you have liked some of the recipes I've posted along the way.

BTW, @RespectLife, just like that bullfrog Jeremiah, I'd be happy to help you drink your wine.   (P.S.  Oh, and I, too, have freezer drawers stuffed full of corn and butter.  And Georgia peaches, too.)                ---Mrs. G.

LOL @IamMrsG

What is it about corn?  LOL   I git why I have a ton of butter, I love to bake.  But what on earth possesses me to have so much corn in the freezer, I'll never know!

I understand totally everything you wrote, I do.  It would break my heart to lose one more poster here in the Recipes forum.  Over the years, I have seen so many go for the very same reason.  I don't understand why some find it necessary to post what they do.  Please consider how much so MANY of us appreciate you!  I honestly feel I have become a much better cook thanks to all those that have shared their recipes, ideas and suggestions.

Come post your recipes on our Potsticker Soup Thread!  All of us Kitchenettes appreciate you! 

I guarantee you...you could post Chocolate Covered Deep Fried Bacon with Double Buttercream Frosting and we would hug you and love you for it!  LOL

Now about that wine you are going to help me finish up....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG

Thank you for this recipe MrsG!!! I too have a tenderloin in the freezer!!! Did we all hit the same sale LOL???!!!

Thank you so much for all of your recipes, I have used MANY, MANY of them.

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

@IamMrsG

thank you for posting. sounds wonderful and I have a tenderloin in freezer that I've been wondering what I would do with.

One of my favorite meals in the fall is one of yours....it's a Kielbasa with apples and brussels sprouts, etc. roasted in oven.

We love that.

@IamMrsG

@HB glamma

Yummo!!!!!! I'm gonna find that one too LOL!!!!

I still want to move next door to you LOL!!!