Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Pork Tenderloin with grilled Grapes and Romaine

[ Edited ]

This was dinner tonight, and made for a delicious and satisfying meal.

Pork Tenderloin with grilled Grapes and Romaine

Serves 2

2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts

1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, oregano and chives

1 Tablespoon olive oil

12 ounces pork tenderloin

4 large leaves romaine lettuce*

2 clusters (8 to 10 grapes each) red seedless grapes

2 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese**

Heat grill to medium-high. Toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for about 1 minute; set aside. Combine herbs and oil in a small bowl. Rub pork with about half the oil mixture. Place pork on grill and cook 5 minutes.

Coat romaine and grapes with remaining oil mixture.

Turn pork and cook another 5 minutes. Place romaine and grapes directly on grill with pork (we used a wok-type pan for the grapes) and cook 1 minute; turn and cook one more minute. Remove everything from grill. Tear romaine into pieces and toss with walnuts and goat cheese. Top with grapes and sliced pork.

My notes: *This is not nearly enough Romaine. I used a whole head, using more oil/herbs to coat, and we could have easily eaten about 50% more. **Feta can be substituted for the goat cheese.

The accompanying wine was an Argentinian white blend of Torrontes and Sauvignon Blanc.

If you do not grill: I would use my largest cast iron skillet or griddle, getting either very hot first. Quickly cook the pork, then as you set it aside on a platter to rest, 'grill' the romaine and grapes in the same pan. Whichever method you use, you only want to wilt the romaine, with light char on a few of the leaves. The grapes will get more plump and soft.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.