Regular Contributor

On tonight's ITKWD show, he mentioned 8 cheese mac and cheese recipe.  Cannot find it under his recipes.  Can anyone help? TIA

Honored Contributor

@Mom in NY wrote:

On tonight's ITKWD show, he mentioned 8 cheese mac and cheese recipe.  Cannot find it under his recipes.  Can anyone help? TIA

Wow that's a lot of cheese !🧀🧀🧀

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Doctor's orders, no one is allowed to actually eat that unless there's a paramedic nearby to re-start your heart.

.....be patient with this website, I'm sure it will eventually appear in David's recipes. Just takes a while.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mac and Cheese

[ Edited ]

@Mom in NY 

8-Cheese Mac & Cheese

David Venable, Carole Haffey, one of QVC's talented food stylists, brought us this special recipe for 8-Cheese Mac & Cheese. We just had to share it with all of you!

Prep Time: 30 Minutes Serves: 12–14 Servings

• 1 lb campanelle pasta
  • 2 (15-oz) jars Alfredo sauce
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese, divided
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
  • 1 cup shredded gruyere
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella, divided
  • 1 lb fresh mozzarella, cut in 1/2" slices

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water (until chilled), and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Pour the Alfredo sauce over the pasta.

Divide the heavy cream between the two emptied Alfredo jars, then place the lids back on and shake the jars. This will remove the rest of the Alfredo sauce from the jars. Pour the heavy cream over the pasta and Alfredo sauce in the mixing bowl. Next, add 1/2 cup of the Italian-blend cheese, all the cheddar, all the gruyere, and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella. Stir all the ingredients together. Transfer to a deep, 13" x 9" baking dish.

Top the mac and cheese with the remaining 1/2 cup Italian-blend cheese and the remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella. Lay the slices of fresh mozzarella over the shredded cheeses.

Cover the baking dish, first with a piece of plastic wrap and then with a piece of foil. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the foil and the plastic wrap and bake for an additional 15–20 minutes, until it's bubbling all over.

If you're using a convection oven, the top will be golden brown. If you're using a conventional oven, the top will only be slightly brown. To brown it further, broil for a few minutes once it's done baking. Remove from the oven and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

8-CheeseMacandCheese_325x325..jpg

https://www.qvc.com/recipes/8-cheese-mac---cheese.html

Honored Contributor

stand by with the paddles!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! My cholesterol is going up just reading the recipe. I bet it sooooo good though 🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Someone posted almost the exact recipe here on the Q Recipe forum several years ago.

The food police were all over it!

I have made it for special events and it is FABULOUS!

Everyone asks for the recipe.  No paddles needed if you eat on occasion and in moderation!

Honored Contributor

I never thought about putting alfredo sauce in for mac n cheese---I like soupy, gooey, moist m-n-c---mine is always too dry----don't eat it much tho--hubs would love it alot more but he doen't need all that either. Anyone put white sauce in their recipe? would love to hear from you

Honored Contributor

With this recipe, just throw your diet out the window!

Honored Contributor

Too rich, too much cheese.  It would make me sick to my stomach.