Honored Contributor

Trader Joe's Stuffing Muffins

Holidays are always more special with help from TJ's Heart

They always have great frozen appetizers that I keep on hand, the wide offering of cheeses for a  charcuterie plate, their bakery goods...

We also their recipes - Enjoy Heart

Stuffing Muffins

These portable parcels of stuffing goodness are a warm and inviting antidote to chilly fall days. The recipe starts with Trader Joe's Cornbread Stuffing Mix, liberally seasoned with chicken broth, garlic & onion powders, and fragrant spices. Once the stuffing is prepared, Dried Cranberries are folded in for a slightly sweet chew.

Like finding the secret decoder ring inside the cereal box, simply slice into a Stuffing Muffin to reveal the reward baked within: a moist, savory Turkey Meatball. It’s a delightful surprise, made tastier with a dip in our savory Turkey Gravy.

Serves: 12 Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cooking Time: 40 - 45 Minutes

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix butter, water and seasoning pouch from stuffing mix in a large saucepan and bring to a low boil for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and gently fold in croutons until thoroughly moistened. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.

While stuffing sits, place turkey meatballs in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave 2-3 minutes. Remove from microwave, slice in half and set aside. Remove lid from stuffing and gently stir in cranberries.

Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with canola oil spray. Fill muffin cup about 1/3 full with stuffing. Add a turkey meatball half (flat side down) and cover with stuffing until you have a small mound that sits slightly above the rim of the pan. Repeat with remaining stuffing and turkey meatball halves. Place pan on center rack of oven and bake 40-45 minutes. Remove pan from oven and let sit 10 minutes.

While muffins cool, heat gravy according to package directions. Gently remove muffins from pan with a fork or butter knife. Serve with gravy for dipping.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Stuffing Muffins

@Chi-town girl , You post the most delicious recipes, I wish we had a Trader Joe's .  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl , You post the most delicious recipes, I wish we had a Trader Joe's .  

Thank You @QVCkitty1  Heart ohhhh...I too wish you had a Trader Joe's!  

Ours is so popular I don't mind waiting in long checkout lines. They have a small footprint but they have some very interesting items and their pricing is great. The staff/employees are always kind and helpful. A feel good place to shop 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

These look scrum-dilly-i-cious!😋 I will have to leave the meat out, but look forward to trying this recipe before the holidays, so I can "perfect" it.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Oh. My. GOODNESS!  I Want those!  Thanks for the recipe.

Honored Contributor

A meatless muffin option. The pepper jack cheese sounds like a good combo with cornbread Woman Very Happy A good compliment for chili

cheesy cowboy cornbread muffins in muffin tin next to bottle of TJ's Organic Ghee & Sunflower Oil Spray
Cheesy Cowboy Cornbread Muffins

Trader Joe’s Cornbread Mix is the stuff of legends in our baking mix section, a tried-and-true tribute to one of our favorite foods: corn! Here we’ve gilded the grain-lily with the addition of spicy salsa and pepper jack cheese, and baked the Mix into muffins (pro-tip: TJ’s Organic Ghee & Sunflower Oil Spray ensures the muffins can be removed from the tin with the greatest of ease!). Eat them alone, or slather with TJ’s Cultured Butter for a marvelous appetizer or accompaniment to a main dish.

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two muffin tins with organic ghee spray, set aside.

Beat egg, oil and milk in large mixing bowl. Stir in cornbread mix, salsa and 1 cup cheese just until combined—do not overmix.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin cups, 2/3 full. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake muffins 25-30 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.

Use a butter knife to gently lift muffins out of tin. Serve warm, or store in an airtight container and enjoy within two days.

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl   These look so good!  I am also all about that little side of gravy! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Yum!

Honored Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

@Chi-town girl   These look so good!  I am also all about that little side of gravy! Smiley Wink

@LoveMeSomeQVC  - yes, the gravy is a MUST!

An option to adding the meatball - some sautéed turkey sausage? 

I always make our family recipe stuffing but this year I'm also making some stuffing muffins instead of the usual casserole of the extra 'stuffiing' that doesn't fit in the bird

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like TJ’s stole my signature holiday dish! Granddaughter calls them “ stuffin muffins” and always confirms I will be making them as the holidays get closer. I just make my regular cornbread dressing recipe and bake it in my 12 cup muffin pan.... I put a small bit of butter in the bottom of each muffin cup after spraying each with cooking spray....then fill each cup with dressing mixture and top with another bit of butter. I drizzle some turkey broth over each one before putting in oven. My fam loves these because the whole muffin gets a nice crispy finish on its sides. To serve, I split the muffin in half vertically and cover it with gravy and some turkey breast slices. I make green chile turkey soup with leftover turkey and serve these stuffin muffins with it...put a muffin in a soup bowl and ladle the hot soup over it. Everyone loves it.