Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

To anyone that has made this:  Does the pie slice hold together when you serve it

Yes, use very lean meat
Valued Contributor

@walker wrote:

@Reconnaissant ..... what temperature do you bake this at or do I use temperature recommended on puff pastry.  Thanks....going to try it.

@walker 

Temperature for puff pastry 

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Taco Pie

[ Edited ]

For anyone interested in this recipe like I was....I finally got around to fixing it last week.  It is easy and good, however, next time I would use a pie crust or crescent roll instead of puff pastry.  Either one would fit a pie dish better than the puff pastry..,.and maybe slice servings easier.  Tasty....quick dinner!

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Taco Pie

[ Edited ]

My DH makes fabulous keto/low carb versions of taco and Italian pies...yum! As a matter of fact, we had Italian pie tonight and I made the dessert...

...sugarfree lemon jello with freshly picked home grown strawberries sliced on top with homemade keto whipped cream! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

looks yummy,but I have a dumb question.what section of the grocery store find the crust?

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

It is in the frozen food case.  I have purchased the Pepperidge Farm brand and it is with the frozen desserts in my store.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

thank you 4kitties for info.actually,ive never seen them before,but havent looked either.i am for sure going to make this recipi

Honored Contributor

Taco pie and cheeseburger pie are much easier with a pie crust.  

Puff pastry sheets are what I use when I make homemade fruit filled turnovers.   

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

To anyone that has made this:  Does the pie slice hold together when you serve it?

Yes it does.