Super Contributor

I got my crock pot/slow cooker recipe for corned beef and veggies on allrecipes.com.

It's by Trisheee and called Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage

200 four and a half stars as of today.

We liked it.  The flavor was good, but like other people in the reviews, I should have put the cabbage in at the end.

Respected Contributor

DDIL brined a corned beef brisket for three days, smoked it for hours on end and it was OK.  She was disappointed in the outcome.  The flavor was delicious but a little tough.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Corned Beef & Cabbage?

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@mac116 

@walker 

I am so glad you liked the oven method!  So nice of you to post back....

I can't take the credit though....it was posted by @Mothertrucker   I think ....a long time ago on these boards.

Too bad CB are so pricey non St. Patty's time....I'd make it year round!

I was surprised how much my family loved the glaze on top.

Normally, they are either ketchup, BBQ or mustard only!

@RespectLife Thanks for remembering me!!! I actually did 4 of them like that this year and I still have one in the refrigerator that doesnt expire till June that will likely be my last till next March! It really IS the best and easiest way to cook these....

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker 

I have thought about you every March for years now!  LOL

Can't thank you enough for sharing this method with us all.  I have made perfect CB every time thanks to you!

I also did 4 this year!

Everyone always asks me why it is so good....and I pass on your instructions every time.

I also tell them to give that Apricot/Horsey glaze a try....ours are never without it!