Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone help with me with a measurement?

I like mothertrucker's idea - divide in 4 & use 3. No measuring cup to wash that way.

My only addition would be: divide in 4s, use 3 & eat the 4th with a spoon! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

On 4/3/2015 ChiliPepper said:

I like mothertrucker's idea - divide in 4 & use 3. No measuring cup to wash that way.

My only addition would be: divide in 4s, use 3 & eat the 4th with a spoon! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I like the way that you think, ChiliPepper! Eat the rest! Now, that is what I would do, too! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2015 jk9 said: It is neat to see how others think. I knew I would learn something when I saw this tnread. There is always someone out there that solves problems in a simple (practical) way better than I do. I can get caught up in calculations when something else works just as good or better. I like threads like this whether it is about a receipe or cosmetics or skin care or well any way we can share information. Some threads end up being like arguing............

My feelings exactly! Thanx to all

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Love this kind of thread---love the good ideas that are usually so simple and easy. Brilliant idea!!!

Trusted Contributor

I can never even find a 12 oz. Cool Whip anymore at our local grocery store. I suppose the "big box" stores have them.

What would be my solution (and I suppose it would depend on the recipe)? I would use an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip. I do not think you would miss the other oz. that much. In fact, I have found there is sometimes too much Cool Whip in the recipe. I make a lot of icebox cakes and 1 less oz. of Cool Whip would not make a difference. Of course, if you already have the 12 oz. container, cutting in fourths was a great suggestion!