Honored Contributor

My husband's mother cooked pork and beef roasts together and shredded them for sandwiches. I didn't know that, but my brother-in-law remembered  and his sister's confirmed it. 

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Sooner   Thanks.  I would never have thought to mix pork and beef for pulled pork sandwiches.  I'll have to try that.  

I am pretty much a purest.  I don't mix a lot of foods!  Love roasting veggies so I can eat them separate!

@Zhills I had never heard of it either but tried it with this recipe and it has turned out good.  All beef works, all pork works too!  I use the leaner pork, but other cuts would be fine too.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

peach jam sounds delicious. So for lemon juice,does it have be fresh or can it come out of a bottle

@Luvsmyfam 

This is the recipe I use. I always use fresh lemon. 

DH makes this on the grill but we have made it in the oven a few times. 

1 cup peach preserves
2 tablespoons honey
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3-4 pounds
Salt and pepper, to taste

Bring peach preserves, honey, & lemon to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.

Heat oven to 350°. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with foil.

I put some olive oil on pork roast first.

Sprinkle the pork roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast, fat side up, in the prepared pan. Roast for 1 hour.

Brush the roast all over with the peach glaze mixture. Continue roasting for about 30 to 40 minutes, brushing with glaze frequently.

A meat thermometer should read 160° when inserted in the center of the roast.

Serves 6 to 8.

Esteemed Contributor

@robbn99, I use that same McCormicks seasoning packet, and it is the perfect pulled pork seasoning for us. It's excellent....!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills It's 1 1/2 pounds of EACH, or 3 pounds total.  Or thereabouts!  Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Thank you all for suggestions.i think I will go with a pork butt.i will use root beer or dr pepper for liquid.now just have to find a good BBQ sauce.is cookies any good?

@Luvsmyfam 

It depends if you want a "vinegar based" or sweet sauce.

We like a sweet sauce and use Sweet Baby Ray's which has several varieties.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

We like the Original Sweet Baby Ray's.

DH is picking up a pork butt tomorrow from the meat market. He's going to make it on the Pitt Boss Sun.

Original Barbecue Sauce

Respected Contributor

I have another silly question ecbg.since party is next sat,could .I put pork roast in crockpot Friday all day,then shred.and then put back in crockpot sat on warm?I have my reasons for this,mostly because I would have to get up pretty early sat morning to start meat.i appreciate your replies,thank you

Respected Contributor

my supermarket has advertised pork butt for 1.49 lb.thats darn reasonable.i am grabbing 2