Honored Contributor

You guys can use Pork Loin all you want.

It's not what we are looking for when we want to eat pulled pork.

I will keep the pork loin roast to put a mixture of peach jam, lemon juice & honey on it or other.

If you want good pulled pork use a butt. If you don't use what you want. IMO

Respected Contributor

peach jam sounds delicious. So for lemon juice,does it have be fresh or can it come out of a bottle

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam By the way, the bbq recipe I posted will work great with beef or pork and I have made it both ways and it came out fine.  

Inky dinky used to take hers to work functions, and one time the crock pot tipped and spilled bbq in the car I remember!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   Sorry, but is that 1 1/2 lb of each OR

1 1/2 lb of one to make this much?  3 lbs total?

I'm not sure I've ever seen the meats mixed but all our tastes are different.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Luvsmyfam 

We like Head Country or Sweet Baby Ray's BBq Sauce. 

We are eating baby back ribs today. Yum!!! 

Enjoy your BBQ.

Head Country in my opinion is the best BBQ sauce !!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I get compliments on my pulled pork and I am no gourmet cook.  My Sister-in-law shared me her recipe.  If you are new to making, you might want to try this.  Go to the McCormick packet section and buy this.  Simple and recipe is right on the back.  When I do 2 roasts, I use 2 packets.  I follow exactly.  .  
McCormick BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning Mix (1.6 oz Packets) 4 Pack

Honored Contributor

@Zhills The recipe is to use beef and pork.  OR you can use either if you don't want the mixture.

Respected Contributor

I have heard and seen stubs bbq,so I will for sure keep this 1 in mind.thank you

Esteemed Contributor

I have always relied on McCormack's packet of Pulled Pork seasoning because the flavor is excellent. You can check it out - read the instructions on the packet because you need to add a few basic items. I think the secret to making pulled pork is to cook the meat long and slow in a crockpot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   Thanks.  I would never have thought to mix pork and beef for pulled pork sandwiches.  I'll have to try that.  

I am pretty much a purest.  I don't mix a lot of foods!  Love roasting veggies so I can eat them separate!