Respected Contributor

Re: Why all the stigma LR is a diva behind the scenes?

Lisa, aka Johnnysbro, is getting the style of writing down pat.  She's having way too much fun with us!

Respected Contributor

I can't recall Katie looking that happy with Lisa.  She is so pretty when she is smiling like that.  Albany brings out the best in Katie.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Jonnysbro -- I have a fantastic idea for you!!  Badger Lisa to start a message board on her site and then you can write and tell her every day how fabulous she is and how much you love! love! love her.

@hellodali, I think this is a great idea.

Anyone who chooses to participate should be aware that posts that don't praise Lisa and what she sells will be deleted.  She only wants adoring, positive posts - nothing the least bit critical, nothing actually honest, no real conversation, just posts that stroke her insatiable ego.

It would be the perfect place for Jonnysbro.

Sounds like a great idea to me.  Win/win for all involved!

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I never heard this about Lisa.  She seems to treat her staff really well.  They seem to have a lot of fun while they work.  I wish Lisa would hire Albany.  She has such energy and humor!  They would be a great team.  I'd love to see the two of them as presenters of Lisa's line on a shopping channel.  It seems to me that jewelry and Christmas decor are the mainstays of Lisa's business, particularly jewelry.  She should debut that on HSN.

One of the OP’s favorite words is ‘diva,’ it must be used every so many threads from the OP.  Diva can be either a fabulous thing to be (by far the usual presentation), or something that LR is only accused of - changing things up a bit, I guess.

If Lisa thought she was Too Special for QVC, the idea that she should flog her costume jewelry on HSN, or Evine, or a jewelry channel, would have her boiling. OP, Lisa would not be happy to be thought of as an HSN vendor - or indeed a vendor; she has a much higher opinion of herself than that. 

I've also noticed the OP's use of the word "diva".  He often seems to be confused as to what that word actually means.  

I agree with your entire post.

Esteemed Contributor

Until @JONNYSBRO brings us a fiscal year ending with a net income, how can anyone believe she is successful and hers is a successful enterprise. What is her revenue and profit figures. Were one doing so well and so successful, LR would be bragging about it. This seems to be a well hidden secret. Or have I missed @JONNYSBRO report on this. 

He seems to report on nothing that has to do with the success of a business. And "Sold Out" signs doesn't mean a thing. Or his evaluations how much her merchandise and herself is loved. 

Instead he just wants to post nonsense, like a love-struck teenager.

Posters on this board only know her as a host/salesperson. If successful,  @JONNYSBRO, show us the money!!! 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Serious question does Albany work for Lisa or is she a vendor on Evine,

Interesting question!  I don't know if Albany and she are just friends or Albany works for her.

I saw Albany briefly on Evine.  Perhaps she has 2 things going!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Seems like no matter how many times Lisa says Albany does not work for her nor how many times Albany has said she does not work for Lisa, she's just helping Lisa out due to Lisa's unexpected need to fly home, some people it seems just don't believe it and keep questioning it.

Contributor

I ordered a Christmas item last year & part of it arrived broken (was made out of glass). I had no problem getting a replacement with an apology . I also didn't have to return the item that arrived broken. I enjoy Lisa's trips to Italy. Interesting. She also  appeared on cameras sans makeup when she was debuting her moisturizer.  She seems to get along very well with her employees.  Also, with all the vendors & hosts she's worked with over the years she was at QVC.  I don't understand all the bashing she gets. If you don't have anything nice to say than why post? I wouldn't even open the post if it had to do with Lisa if you are not interested in what she is doing. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I could never stand her so I didn't watch her.  I have no idea what goes on on her website.

However, during her time at the Q, I never once heard that she was difficult to work with.  I think the OP just makes stuff up to get a conversation going about his/her idol.

Time to move on.  Based on the chatter here she is apparently happy selling qrap off her couch.

Honored Contributor

Stigma:  a mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person.

The only stigma is that some people think of LR as more than a the salesperson that she is. 

She's not your friend or sister.  She's a salesperson who will say anything to get you to buy what she's selling.   It takes a lot of obtuseness to not see that.