Trusted Contributor

Why all the stigma LR is a diva behind the scenes?

Theres this stigma that Lisa is either difficult or she is a diva behind the scenes. Its because she is a perfectionist and she is very smart and savvy. They think she is a nightmare to work with because of all her demands. She just wants everything to be to her liking. She has said theres the right way to do somethimg and then other ways of doing it. Lisa seems very down to earth and sweet. I think when u are beautiful and a power woman u get that unfair stigma.
Honored Contributor

Re: Why all the stigma LR is a diva behind the scenes?

I agree that if your business is to be successful you must pay attention to all of the details.There is another detail that can be forgotten though and that is your staff.If they aren't treated respectfully then they won't be inclined to see your success as their own.

Honored Contributor

Sweet is not the vibe I get from someone who allows no criticism on her website.  If she has a reputation, I assume where there's smoke, there's fire.  She has earned it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but I really don't care what LR is like or up to nowadays.  Enjoyed watching her on QVC - thought she was very good at her job, very professional.  I don't know what you're referring to about a diva stigma.  What I've always wondered was are you LR and just keeping these threads going - just weird, imho that you're always posting about LR!  Doesn't matter.  Must admit don't read most of the threads but for some reason this caught my attn.  Anyways, enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Why does this matter

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I never heard this about Lisa.  She seems to treat her staff really well.  They seem to have a lot of fun while they work.  I wish Lisa would hire Albany.  She has such energy and humor!  They would be a great team.  I'd love to see the two of them as presenters of Lisa's line on a shopping channel.  It seems to me that jewelry and Christmas decor are the mainstays of Lisa's business, particularly jewelry.  She should debut that on HSN.

Respected Contributor

What is a power woman??

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

What I have observed is that she is not very good at chstomer service, especially when someone has a complaint. She points the finger back at them and then bans them. She doesn’t seem to know the cardinal rule, which is the customer is always right and when they are wrong, refer back to rule #1. She comes across as very mean girl to anyone who has an issue with her merchandise. I read where she made a poor 78 year old woman cry with her treatment of her. The poor woman received broken ornaments as a gift from her daughter and was trying to get it made right. Between Lisa and her devotees, they treated the woman terribly and that is just one instance. So, that kind of thing costs her customers. I don’t know if it is a diva thing or an ignorance about running a business thing.
Valued Contributor

wrote:
What I have observed is that she is not very good at chstomer service, especially when someone has a complaint. She points the finger back at them and then bans them. She doesn’t seem to know the cardinal rule, which is the customer is always right and when they are wrong, refer back to rule #1. She comes across as very mean girl to anyone who has an issue with her merchandise. I read where she made a poor 78 year old woman cry with her treatment of her. The poor woman received broken ornaments as a gift from her daughter and was trying to get it made right. Between Lisa and her devotees, they treated the woman terribly and that is just one instance. So, that kind of thing costs her customers. I don’t know if it is a diva thing or an ignorance about running a business thing.

I agree that broken items should be immediately replaced, promptly and with an apology.  However, it sounds like there are a lot of nasty trolls who go there to attack Lisa.  I'm not on Facebook, so I don't post but just read her posts.  I rarely read the comments over there.  Customer service is important, but I would ban trolls too.  If there's a problem with the merchandise, they should contact the company directly.

Honored Contributor

Lisa was my favorite host while she was here, but I didn't follow her elsewhere.  In fact, there's not a host I followed any more than I pine for one of them to return.   I just wish them all well wherever they are in their post-QVC lives.

@JONNYSBROIf you could go way back to Forum posting from years and years ago, you'd find that the talk about Lisa is pretty much what it always was.  Nothing new, nothing interesting -  and I doubt seeing her name here does much to improve her current business.