Valued Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

Keep in mind what may be expensive for YOU may not be expensive for the next person. For me $40 for a shirt is a bargain and I have no problem paying that. Most of my tops I pay around $75-$100+ price range and that's okay with me. Not everyone is in the same financial boat and people lose sight of that. Just because some people can't afford something it certainly doesn't mean "it's a crock" and the majority of people can't afford it. Most people can. It all depends on how each person makes their money. 

@iTalia wrote:

Keep in mind what may be expensive for YOU may not be expensive for the next person. For me $40 for a shirt is a bargain and I have no problem paying that. Most of my tops I pay around $75-$100+ price range and that's okay with me. Not everyone is in the same financial boat and people lose sight of that. Just because some people can't afford something it certainly doesn't mean "it's a crock" and the majority of people can't afford it. Most people can. It all depends on how each person makes their money. 

It has nothing to do with affordability. Most people that complain have money. They are smart and want to save whenever they can. That’s why they have money. @iTalia 

I disagree @manny2. From the context it appears they don't have money and that's why they want things for next to nothing and cheap. 

Honored Contributor

You can find better quality for less money elsewhere. I haven't found 1 piece of clothing in the last 3 years that beats what I can find at other retailers.

Esteemed Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I've been shopping my Macy's and if an item is too high you can be sure it will be on a great sale within a few weeks tops. I have gotten great deals there.  QVC still thinks $5 off is phenomenal.  Not buying. 

So true.  I will be checking in on Macy's more often.  Got some great deals there recently.

Honored Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I've been shopping my Macy's and if an item is too high you can be sure it will be on a great sale within a few weeks tops. I have gotten great deals there.  QVC still thinks $5 off is phenomenal.  Not buying. 

@misschristy 

The Karen Scott clothing line is very nice and even their regular prices beat QVC hands down .  QVC is just not competitive on clothing anymore

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: What a crock!!!

[ Edited ]

I do agree with all opinions stating everyone is comfortable buying at different price points.
BUT having said that... it's the lowered quality in the fabric and manufacturing that causes an issue with me.
Price points change....lower and are raised constantly. But the garments offered here ( unless it's an old style manufactured at different times in different places and kept in stock) have decreased in quality. I've been shopping here since the mid 90's and it is not the same and I don't have the same confidence in the QVC name that I used to.
*Shrugs*

If I find a garment here that I like, I may want to wait until it's on sale but someone else may not feel the need to do that. However, the product doesn't change. Whether I pay $15 or $50,  my major gripe is whether I feel as if I've gotten quality for my money.  If it's just not as great as I was expecting, my $15 wasn't well spent and I would think that that would be the same for the person who spent $50. 

Otherwise we have nothing here that makes us want to shop here. 

That's my take. I just reviewed the CCB sweaters I bought. Regular QVC price was $57+. 

I got it for $16+. 

The quality was just subpar IMO and maybe someone else thinks $16+ is a throwaway price point and nothing to get upset about but $16 for me has to be carefully considered and I want to be pleased that my money was well spent. 

** I did read reviews and they were favorable. **

Regular Contributor
@Kachina624 I agree!
Trusted Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

"Puppy"  Lips, ....good idea to see how long one can go without ordering from the Q..

I stopped ordering/pretty much not watching any of their shows during lockdown when I decided I didn't need anything else from China. There's nothing they offer that I can't find elsewhere and not pay shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

It has nothing to do with affordability. Most people that complain have money. They are smart and want to save whenever they can. That’s why they have money. @iTalia 

I disagree @manny2. From the context it appears they don't have money and that's why they want things for next to nothing and cheap. 

@iTalia wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

That isn’t what they said at all. @iTalia  That is what you want to respond to. My guess you haven’t spent a lot of time around people with money.

Honored Contributor

Re: What a crock!!!

[ Edited ]

@Midmod wrote:

I do agree with all opinions stating everyone is comfortable buying at different price points.
BUT having said that... it's the lowered quality in the fabric and manufacturing that causes an issue with me.
Price points change....lower and are raised constantly. But the garments offered here ( unless it's an old style manufactured at different times in different places and kept in stock) have decreased in quality. I've been shopping here since the mid 90's and it is not the same and I don't have the same confidence in the QVC name that I used to.
*Shrugs*

If I find a garment here that I like, I may want to wait until it's on sale but someone else may not feel the need to do that. However, the product doesn't change. Whether I pay $15 or $50,  my major gripe is whether I feel as if I've gotten quality for my money.  If it's just not as great as I was expecting, my $15 wasn't well spent and I would think that that would be the same for the person who spent $50. 

That's my take. I just reviewed the CCB sweaters I bought. Regular QVC price was $57+. 

I got it for $16+. 

The quality was just subpar IMO and maybe someone else thinks $16+ is a throwaway price point and nothing to get upset about but $16 for me has to be carefully considered and I want to be pleased that my money was well spent. 

@Midmod 

You make excellent points....and I've also noticed the decline in quality....I seldom shop at Walmart but even a tshirt I purchased there was better quality than a Denim and Company tshirt I purchased and returned....its like if QVC's  price point is reasonable, the quality is usually not up to par.....tshirts shrink or stretch out after the first wash, the material is super thin....

One thing I noticed when they used factories in Vietnam the quality is better than those made in China, but QVC seems to be chosing those China factories to cut costs and lower prices.....QVC can't seem to get that happy medium that other retailers do......

Maybe if QVC and some of their Vendors/Designers would stop focusing on comparison with buying clothes from Boutiques and high priced Department Stores and instead focused on places customers actually purchase clothes from and who their competition really is ---QVC/Vendors/Designers would do a lot better in terms of sales.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Midmod wrote:

*Shrugs*

I got it for $16+. 

@Midmod 

You make excellent points....and I've also noticed the decline in quality....I seldom shop at Walmart but even a tshirt I purchased there was better quality than a Denim and Company tshirt I purchased and returned....its like if QVC's  price point is reasonable, the quality is usually not up to par.....tshirts shrink or stretch out after the first wash, the material is super thin....

One thing I noticed when they used factories in Vietnam the quality is better than those made in China, but QVC seems to be chosing those China factories to cut costs and lower prices.....QVC can't seem to get that happy medium that other retailers do......

Maybe if QVC and some of their Vendors/Designers would stop focusing on comparison with buying clothes from Boutiques and high priced Department Stores and instead focused on places customers actually purchase clothes from and who their competition really is ---QVC/Vendors/Designers would do a lot better in terms of sales.....

@Spurt That could be exactly the problem. Where it's manufactured at and deceptive sales tactics like using trigger words  likehigh-end & boutique to distract buyers from subpar fabrics. And don't forget cotton has sky- rocketed .  Trigger words to make Q buyers feel as if that's universal across all brands/retailers so why shop around when prices are up everywhere??