Honored Contributor

Re: What a crock!!!

[ Edited ]

Under $40 may be a bargain at QVC, but look at Lands End.

Purchased two pairs of $50 pants on sale for $13.50 each.

I always look for lower priced clothing to wear around the house.  Usually Lands End on sale and Walmart.  Walmart has some pretty decent quality at low prices...not everything is good quality though.  Not everything is good quality at QVC either.  

I crawl around on my knees inside and outside, and all those other things we do around the house.  No way am I wearing pants I paid $50.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee  I have recently become a BIG Lands End fan and not from watching QVC.  I ordered 2 down coats at reasonable prices and one of them was reduced after my purchase.  LE refunded the difference without a problem.  In fact, I returned a QVC jacket because the LE's ones were better!

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Under $40 may be a bargain at QVC, but look at Lands End.

Purchased two pairs of $50 pants on sale for $13.50 each.

I always look for lower priced clothing to wear around the house.  Usually Lands End on sale and Walmart.  Walmart has some pretty decent quality at low prices...not everything is good quality though.  Not everything is good quality at QVC either.  

I crawl around on my knees inside and outside, and all those other things we do around the house.  No way am I wearing $50 pants to do that. 

@Foxxee I too shop at Lands' End.  When I get their free shipping emails, I look and see what I can find on clearance.  I have purchased a lot of Supima cotton polo tops (wearing one today) and their Supima cotton sleep T-shirts, which I wear every night.  Some of the things I have bought were less than $10 with free shipping.  Almost feel guilty with some of the good deals I have gotten.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

Lands' End has great sales!  The quality is also good and many times everything online is 40% off!  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Trix   Thank you for saying this.  I hate it when posters who shall remain nameless start attacking other posters for just stating their opinion!  We all KNOW we can shop elsewhere!

@kaydee50    Attacking?  Really?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Trix   Thank you for saying this.  I hate it when posters who shall remain nameless start attacking other posters for just stating their opinion!  We all KNOW we can shop elsewhere!

@kaydee50    Attacking?  Really?

Perhaps "criticizing"?????

Respected Contributor

I am still pleased with my QVC purchases.  Not really interested in shopping around for something else at a better price as I need nothing.  So if I see an item I want on QVC (not need, but want) that is what determines if I will buy it.  No need to look elsewhere for something at a bargain price as I don't need anything and no need for hosts to tell me at what price point it is a bargain, that does not influence my decision to buy or not.

I don't look around to comparison price as it would be not the same item I saw on QVC that I wanted.   I have my go to vendors at QVC - Isaac, Graver, Belle and Denim & Co. and that is what I wish to wear.  I do check for price adjustments and have had luck with that.

Respected Contributor

@Gkhm .........I tend to agree they imply the price is wonderful most of the time, especially on OTO or clearance.  Then I look at the reviews and most are awful.  Turns into a hard pass for me. Cat Indifferent

I don't see any reason to argue about the whole issue. Cat Surprised

Valued Contributor

Walmart??? Thankfully, I don't have to shop there! YUCK. 

Valued Contributor

Keep in mind what may be expensive for YOU may not be expensive for the next person. For me $40 for a shirt is a bargain and I have no problem paying that. Most of my tops I pay around $75-$100+ price range and that's okay with me. Not everyone is in the same financial boat and people lose sight of that. Just because some people can't afford something it certainly doesn't mean "it's a crock" and the majority of people can't afford it. Most people can. It all depends on how each person makes their money.