Regular Contributor
On 2/12/2015 stevieb said:

One can only wish the stockholders and board of directors were reading this and the many other similar threads and posts, as so many of the comments made are clearly valid. Regardless of the assumed reasons 'why', the message is pretty clear that a significant number of customers are not happy with the directions in which QVC continues to go, nor with the choices management is making.

Great post!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Whoever runs it now just doesn't "get it". It is all about catering to younger people now, trying to stock "high end' stuff. I am so sick of that phrase

I don't think QVC caters to younger consumers at all. Their clothes are not for 20 or really even 30 somethings, nor are their shoes. The majority of their hosts are over 40, and much of the merchandise would not appeal to younger viewers or consumers.

I think they still cater to the 40 years old plus demographic. IMO.

Valued Contributor

I dont think their customers have the money to support those types of venders. They seem to really be going in for the kill , using substandard everything just to be supposedly Hollywood. Me, I am not wearing plastic dresses yet so this is all amusing.

New Contributor

Yes, I certainly would agree with many of these comments - - I am finding fewer unique items on QVC than I did a few years ago. So I tend to go now to flea markets and outdoor venues to find the interesting things to decorate my home. So tired of seeing the same products on QVC over and over...too many shows with Temptations cookware and Dell laptops, and flameless candles, etc., etc. And please do not get me started on the number of hair product/styling shows...

And why is it that I can follow and locate truly organic clothing and all natural beauty products on Pinterest, but it is so challenging to find fragrance free products and 100 % cotton clothing offerings on QVC?

Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 Jova said:

Whoever runs it now just doesn't "get it". It is all about catering to younger people now, trying to stock "high end' stuff. I am so sick of that phrase

I don't think QVC caters to younger consumers at all. Their clothes are not for 20 or really even 30 somethings, nor are their shoes. The majority of their hosts are over 40, and much of the merchandise would not appeal to younger viewers or consumers.

I think they still cater to the 40 years old plus demographic. IMO.

I agree but I would go even farther - I think they are catering to the 60 plus demographic.

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 emptynest10 said:

Yes, I certainly would agree with many of these comments - - I am finding fewer unique items on QVC than I did a few years ago. So I tend to go now to flea markets and outdoor venues to find the interesting things to decorate my home. So tired of seeing the same products on QVC over and over...too many shows with Temptations cookware and Dell laptops, and flameless candles, etc., etc. And please do not get me started on the number of hair product/styling shows...

And why is it that I can follow and locate truly organic clothing and all natural beauty products on Pinterest, but it is so challenging to find fragrance free products and 100 % cotton clothing offerings on QVC?

I also wish they would offer more all-cotton clothing. I think it's a cost problem. There's so much "microfiber" around. To me that's nothing more than a reincarnated polyester from the 70's. Hate it!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

Same old products.

Frequent Contributor
Same old products.
Contributor

Besides the fact that the same products are shown over and over and over, the prices are not competitive anymore. Almost everything I check online can be purchased for less elsewhere. Unfortunately some of the hosts are not up to the standard of previous hosts either. Currently there are so many hosts that annoy me that I find myself watching HSN or EVINE more than QVC. Many times when I am tuning in to QVC I have to mute the sound because some of the hosts are so annoying. I've been a QVC customer from the time it was CVN and I'm so disappointed in the direction it ha taken recently.

Valued Contributor

There is little I can add to how QVC now disappoints and bores their viewers. I am not clear how a 24 hour shopping channel can maintain business when so few items are shown during that 24 hour period. Presenting about 6-7 items an hour is not a lot and if those items are inexpensive I don't see how they can justify even showing some of them without more per show. And when they never reduce the prices for years I have to believe the inventory must be out of control. I am not interested in the lives of hosts so I am not drawn into a "family" type of sale. I want quality, value, and convenience and mostly it is just the "c". The gardening shows with Cottage Farms and Robertas I find "entertaining" and of interest but the kitchen and fashion programs have little to offer. The once wonderful jewelry has turned into made in China with little value. I buy so much less than even a year ago...hope they turn it around!