Occasional Contributor

Wen class action lawsuit, is your hair falling out!

I noticed my hair has been falling out, then on the local news this morning there is a class action lawsuit against the makers of wen claiming that hundreds of woman hair is falling out including mine! Should the Q keep selling this?
Honored Contributor

Re: Wen class action lawsuit, is your hair falling out!

Why would people use a product that makes their hair fall out? I think there is something in the product that people may be allergic to, stop using it! I used WEN for years and noticed my hair was thinning so I stopped using it. I use tweak-d now and my hair has stopped falling out and is about 40 % thicker than it's been in years. WEN does works for a lot of people though.

Honored Contributor

Careful, some of the faithful will be over here lambasting you for even so much as questioning whether the Q should stop selling it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

There are certain brands of shampoos and conditioners and products that have caused hair loss or breakage for me so I just switched brands. There would be very few if any products for sale if they couldn't be sold because someone has had or may have a reaction to them. I have never heard anyone say their hair loss was permanent. So just quit using it if you think you are having hair loss from it. I used it for several years and found that some of the flavors did seem to cause more hair to fall out but the pomegranate never did so that is what I used. So many rave about the great results so it sure doesn't make sense to stop selling it!!! Makes more sense just to stop using it if you have negative results. So many are sue happy and greedy. If a product caused permanent hair loss to MANY then only those that had this and can prove it was the product should be able to file a lawsuit. Many will jump on the bandwagon even if they never had a problem with WEN just because they want a settlement they don't deserve!!

But who knows they could quit selling it if a lawsuit occurred. That's what happened with the lite bite bars that I(as well as so many) loved. I think it was for false advertising and nothing that actually caused physical harm. They were so tasty and I finally found something to substitute for candy bars and one was very filling. I actually did loose weight using them.

Esteemed Contributor

I never used Wen and I am glad I never did. I also read that drains are clogging up and being damaged by this product. As well as hair loss. I would never use a product where women have reported to have had hair loss. And now there is a class action suit? I guess enough women have used it and have had this problem. Someone on another thread said the problems might be caused by the menthol [and other ingredients like it] they put in this product?

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/3/2015 stevieb said:

Careful, some of the faithful will be over here lambasting you for even so much as questioning whether the Q should stop selling it...

True...but, the O/P or anyone else can post what they want , there is freedom of speech. And if the Q stopped selling it the "faithful could buy it right from the Wen website". Have a blessed Easter!Smile

Occasional Contributor

I've been using wen for years, started bc I have dry scalp. It did help that issue but I've always had extremely thick long hair but over the last year or two my hair seems thinner and thinner. I'm starting to suspect wen, not age as I had assumed at first (I'm only in my mid thirties). Also the wen DOES strip the red color from my hair....my color runs out every time I wash it's not at all like they show on TV. So I'm thinking I should stop using wen ASAP, can any of you tell me what you recommend for color treated hair? I need suggestions!
Valued Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:

True...but, the O/P or anyone else can post what they want , there is freedom of speech. And if the Q stopped selling it the "faithful could buy it right from the Wen website". Have a blessed Easter!Smile

Yes, you are right, but what stevieb is saying is that the faithful come down HARD on anyone who DARES utter one critical word about WEN.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 katiescarlett said:
On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:

Yes, you are right, but what stevieb is saying is that the faithful come down HARD on anyone who DARES utter one critical word about WEN.

Katie where the heck have you been.....and we needed your expertise....you see our WEN friends paid us a visit....it was rather interesting. . But you would have been particularly interested because someone who works for WEN has a horse named WenDooters....well the horse has a Facebook Page and one of the Wen fans posted some of the horses musings about Wen, QVC, and marketing...(the horse needs to work on his spelling).....The horse is a Bay....I was wondering if your horses had Facebook Pages so they could become BFFs....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Google Wendooters to check it out....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/5/2015 katiescarlett said:
On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:

I agree with what stevieb is saying but, people should not be afraid to post what they want.