Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2015 Sylanne said: My last purchase from QVC was over a yr. ago. Don't have the patience & time to view same old stuff. My money is better spent elsewhere: & I don't miss shopping w/QVC.

I'm not there yet by a long shot, but I am reaching the point where I'm not missing watching it anymore... Like lots of us, I miss what it used to be, but I don't miss watching what it had become.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I agree with the OP! I used to learn about all kinds of nice things I didn't know were out there. One example is watching a Claire Murry show. She is the one on Cape Cod that designs rugs, pillows and dinnerware. I bought several of her things and loved those shows. I used to love Boyds Bears and have a nice collection of their bears. Then the Tiffany style lamp shows, they were wonderful to watch. I started a very nice collection of those lamps. Very good quality and I have always loved a nice tiffany lamp with that warm glow coming through. Now they only have these lousy candle lamps with cheap glass on QVC. I hate those.

There was a girl named Tracy Porter who would come on once in awhile with gorgeous pottery pieces she made. I bought a few of her items. The baskets from Peterboro baskets I bought a few of those and still using them. They are wonderful and so well made. Polish stoneware was another show I enjoyed. I have a soapdish I treasure from them and another item. I miss the Halloween shows that Dave King used to do.

I think QVC is wanting there own products. I think companies are commissioned by them to create items or brands and they take ownership. So Claire Murry wouldn't bring them enough money or Boyds etc. Leaving us cheated and bored with the same old vendors and items.

I loved the old QVC and it was those other venors that made the show fresh and brought me here.

Thank you OP for the memories.Wink I hope QVC will start shopping around for great items out there for us to look at and enjoy again. I wish I was in charge over there!

Regular Contributor

Missing - Peterboro Basket

Tiffany style lamps

Teddy Bears

Polish Stoneware

Claire Murrey

Tracey Porter

More designs on Northern Nights Sheets

Great Halloween Shows

Good Christmas Shows

And there are more I would like to see. I shop Amazon now too. I go all over the internet and find nice things. QVC could do amazing shows, but they are only interested in making their own brands. Example G.I.L.I. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Regular Contributor

midnight- Your so cute. I do or did the same thing as you did. I waited to see what the TSV was going to be. I loved waiting to see and the music they played. I purposely wouldn't want to know so it could be a surprise. Those were the days.

Regular Contributor

stevieb-Well said! You nailed it.

Super Contributor

I wonder the same thing. The shows were much more entertaining, and the items were much more unique, and better quality. I don't actually watch QVC, any more, I basically check out the products for the day, and see if there is anything that peaks my interest.

Super Contributor
On 2/9/2015 Gloria said:

The OP is right on the money. Well said! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Ditto. And, as I looked up from the computer, there is Temptations even again. Whenever I see them being presented, I remember the chicken dishes I ordered with slopped-on paint on the face, the part that's supposed to look like a chicken, not The Blob. No more of that.

I've mentioned in other posts, I am going through the depths of my closet. I've found more Nolan Miller jewelry that I had forgotton about. My goodness, the sparkle screams from the dark corners of my mess! I pick it up, stare at the reflective crystals, the most excellent gold cladding, the LACK OF GLOBS OF GLUE (hear that, Joan Rivers Jewelry?), the attention to detail and the overall excellence in craftsmanship. Q for Quality. I rememer Nolan said they bought the factory that made his line. I wonder what happened to that factory?

Then, the endless line of electric pressure cookers that are all made by the same company in China, ...eh, getting too long-winded. Deleted the remainder of my rant. - Bird

Valued Contributor

I think they are geering toward baby boomers...does anyone think so?

Respected Contributor

the Q had more interesting stuff in the past - crafts from Appalachia, the 50 and 50 tour, special Egypt antiquities show, lovely linens, Royal Doulton first i believe, - it was classier and more interesting. the programming was more creative. then they went for the broad demographic - and decided to sell in volume to get more to the bottom line the less creative way. which cuts out most of the interesting niche products.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree totally with the OP!! My first QVC purchase was the No Mess Doughboard!! I would use it and my family would say ""Where did you get that?!!""