Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

You are totally right!  I should have paid much more attention to what I ordered.  It didn't dawn on me at the time 'cause had I seen shipping $21.50, sure would have cancelled at least most of it!  

However, I purchased these four items separately.  Paid no attention to the amount of shipping totalled on eachr order . Wasn't until that all separate four orders came through on one order slip that it dawned on me.  It's been a wake-up call though.

Good side, I'll pay more attention when placing an order.  Bad side,  realizing I paid so much money for shipping:  an amount that one would expect to pay for something very heavy and/or hard to ship.

I'll be more careful, too, from now on!

Honored Contributor

@judianne wrote:

I just wonder how Zulily does it ! One charge of 5.99 and free the rest of the day , even if you ordered a dozen different items. And if you order on a Friday, it’s free till Sunday night. 

@judianne

That's probably why Zulily's revenue grew 17%, while the USA division of QVC posted a minimal 3% for the first quarter of 2018............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@judianne wrote:

I just wonder how Zulily does it ! One charge of 5.99 and free the rest of the day , even if you ordered a dozen different items. And if you order on a Friday, it’s free till Sunday night. 

Which is interesing because Zulily is part of the QVC Group.....

https://corporate.qvc.com/newsroom/pressrelease/zulily-join-qvc-group/

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!!

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@judianne wrote:

Well clearly, Zulily does this to get you to order more things.  I am sure they make up for it in their pricing and overall turnover of merchandise.  Plus, correct me if I am wrong, I thought that you could not return items to Zulily.  That alone saves them tons.

You can now make returns to Zulily on most items.  The minimum shipping is more than$5.99.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It always makes me think twice before I order anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!!

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

OP, I agree that shipping is outrageous but you knew what it was prior to submitting the order.  If you thought it was out of line, why did you purchase anyhow?  Nothing will change if you buy but then complain.

I have deleted entire orders out of my cart if I feel the s/h is too much and they lose my business. 

I've done that too.  In fact, I did it today with another company.  Something I had my eye on had a one-day price reduction.  But once I added in the shipping charge, I felt the price was too high for what it was.  So they lured me in with the price reduction, but lost the sale.

I don't really care what they call the various charges - cost of the item, shipping, handling, whatever.  The bottom line for me is the final cost.  How much money comes out of my pocket to get this thing home?  If the grand total is worth it, I buy.  If not, I don't.  An unreasonable shipping charge is a dealbreaker every time.

Contributor

...while HSN's revenue was down 9%.  Similar metrics for previous quarter (period ending 2017).  QVC up 5%, HSN down 8%. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@judianne wrote:

Well clearly, Zulily does this to get you to order more things.  I am sure they make up for it in their pricing and overall turnover of merchandise.  Plus, correct me if I am wrong, I thought that you could not return items to Zulily.  That alone saves them tons.

You can now make returns to Zulily on most items.  The minimum shipping is more than$5.99.

@Kachina624, According to Zulily's website, the base s/h charge starts at $5.95.

Respected Contributor

I think I spent more time trying to figure out why you ordered what you did, than what the shipping cost was. I have always stated that I am not concerned what these companies charge to ship.  It's all about the bottom line with me.  I was thinking you could have done better on those items elsewhere.  Heck.  Maybe not(????)  Hopefully your items were REALLY marked down.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@judianne wrote:

I did not know that.  I used to get their daily emails, but stopped after getting burned a few times with items I could not return, which was a total waste of money.  I will have to take another look!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead