Esteemed Contributor

Why am I seriously cutting back on my QVC purchases, aside from lack of information from hosts regarding garment fit/sizing, erroneous sizing infomation, etc., is EXHORBITANT shipping costs!

Recently ordered four "as is" items, which I must say was quite satisfied with except one which came broken.  Anyways, here's a breakdown of my item cost along with shipping cost:  broiling pan, 14.74 + 5.50; collapsible dish rack, 15.95 + 5.00; silicone safe grabs, 15.00 + 5.50; and hover cover (set of 2) 12.75 + 5.50.  Total shipping charges, $21.50.  These very light-weight items arrived - all four boxes - in one HUGE box.  While I think consolidating shipping items, is a good thing, I also believe the shipping savings should be passed on to the customer.Woman Mad

Well, at least the dish rack must be returned 'cause somehow that returned item did not get checked prior to reselling and the Q will pick up return shipping and send me another at no additional charge.   (I believe I've more than offset their costs already!)  That gives me minor comfort regarding shipping costs - at least it's costing them something.  Yet, since the item should have been properly checked prior to mailing, it's their fault anyways and I have to pack it up - back into the HUGE box since I have nothing that will fit the item which came in a damaged box anyways and go through the hasstle of taping it up and making a trip to the Post Office.  Somehow what should be timesaving - shopping online - becomes anything but!Woman Frustrated

I'm assuming some of you must have similar experiences.  Care to share?  (Misery loves company!Woman Wink)  If not, thanks for allowing me to vent!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The Post Office will pick up your package at your doorstep for free during the time they normally deliver your mail.  Just go online to schedule a pick up by 2 am to have it picked up the same day.  There are exceptions where this service is not offered.  usps.com

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

The Post Office will pick up your package at your doorstep for free during the time they normally deliver your mail.  Just go online to schedule a pick up by 2 am to have it picked up the same day.  There are exceptions where this service is not offered.  usps.com

@San Antonio Gal ..... THANKS SO MUCH ..... I didn’t know that 😍

Valued Contributor

I just wonder how Zulily does it ! One charge of 5.99 and free the rest of the day , even if you ordered a dozen different items. And if you order on a Friday, it’s free till Sunday night. 

Super Contributor

QVC used to have reduced shipping for same items bought in duplicates.

i just bought 3 of same Mosaic Birdfeeders. was charged 3x shipping of $5 or $5.50 so i called and they said since they reduced all around shipping (Ex. everything either $3 or $5) they dont do the half price shipping for duplicate items anymore.

so i payed $15 or $16 shipping also for 3 like items bought at same time on lunchtime specials. Smiley Sad 

Esteemed Contributor

@judianne wrote:

I just wonder how Zulily does it ! One charge of 5.99 and free the rest of the day , even if you ordered a dozen different items. And if you order on a Friday, it’s free till Sunday night. 

Well clearly, Zulily does this to get you to order more things.  I am sure they make up for it in their pricing and overall turnover of merchandise.  Plus, correct me if I am wrong, I thought that you could not return items to Zulily.  That alone saves them tons.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Why am I seriously cutting back on my QVC purchases, aside from lack of information from hosts regarding garment fit/sizing, erroneous sizing infomation, etc., is EXHORBITANT shipping costs!

Recently ordered four "as is" items, which I must say was quite satisfied with except one which came broken.  Anyways, here's a breakdown of my item cost along with shipping cost:  broiling pan, 14.74 + 5.50; collapsible dish rack, 15.95 + 5.00; silicone safe grabs, 15.00 + 5.50; and hover cover (set of 2) 12.75 + 5.50.  Total shipping charges, $21.50.  These very light-weight items arrived - all four boxes - in one HUGE box.  While I think consolidating shipping items, is a good thing, I also believe the shipping savings should be passed on to the customer.Woman Mad

Well, at least the dish rack must be returned 'cause somehow that returned item did not get checked prior to reselling and the Q will pick up return shipping and send me another at no additional charge.   (I believe I've more than offset their costs already!)  That gives me minor comfort regarding shipping costs - at least it's costing them something.  Yet, since the item should have been properly checked prior to mailing, it's their fault anyways and I have to pack it up - back into the HUGE box since I have nothing that will fit the item which came in a damaged box anyways and go through the hasstle of taping it up and making a trip to the Post Office.  Somehow what should be timesaving - shopping online - becomes anything but!Woman Frustrated

I'm assuming some of you must have similar experiences.  Care to share?  (Misery loves company!Woman Wink)  If not, thanks for allowing me to vent!Woman LOL

Then how about you coming up with a computer program or a system to make that happen?  When should they charge the customer's credit card?  When they have already put everything going out that day in a box and it is weighed?  Then you may be charged less, but the amount will not match the total on our account.  How are items supposed to be sold on TV and online?  "Your shipping will be $3.00 but could be less IF you order more items and IF other things you bought are ready to go out the same day"  Does that work for you?

I understand your frustration with shipping charges.  But it needs to be SIMPLE.  Doing what you suggest will only complicate the process.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@judianne wrote:

Interesting, same umbrella company as QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips

I did not suggest anything.  I pointed out the shipping costs of 21.50 is way too high.  Imho even if they shipped them individually, the shipping wouldn't have cost 5 to 5.50 each.  In other words, shipping charges are too high.  Since you mentioned 3 for each item, that would have been 12 total in shipping fees - more within reason, I feel.

And, since you mentioned it, companies did and do give a "shopping cart" for which they charge a specific amount for items bought during a specific period and ship them together.  Saves the seller and the purchaser on shipping fees.  Amazon has been doing this since its onset.

Honored Contributor

OP, I agree that shipping is outrageous but you knew what it was prior to submitting the order.  If you thought it was out of line, why did you purchase anyhow?  Nothing will change if you buy but then complain.

I have deleted entire orders out of my cart if I feel the s/h is too much and they lose my business.