Contributor

Today's In the Kitchen with Mary

On today's ITKWM, there was a guest showing the Manna Helix Set of 2 - 26 oz. Insulated Tumblers.  The guest demonstrated how to take an entire bottle of wine and pour it into one of these large tumblers, so you can take it to the beach with you.   My heavens..........was she really suggesting that people sit on the beach, drink the entire bottle, get good and plastered, and then drive home?

Honored Contributor

Re: Today's In the Kitchen with Mary

Hopefully they'd be generous enough to share!  But on the public beaches I know, even sharing that wine would be illegal! 

Seems like the tumbler company ought to train their reps to demonstrate using a different beverage.

Honored Contributor

It was a poor choice.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are lots of people who can walk to the beach....wish I was one of them.

Super Contributor

I think she wanted people to see that it can hold a bottle of wine for other occasions other than the beach. Some of you so call perfect people need to think outside of the box sometime. Where I live  they have Jazz in the park,but other times you can bring that same wine chilled to a dinner party. It is all about options when you are selling items and at the end of the day it is up to the person on how to use it.

Respected Contributor

I don't know because I didn't see it.  Did she say it was mandatory to drink the entire tumbler full of wine alone and then get into a car and drive.  Some people have beach houses or hotels on the beach, so one can waddle back without a car.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

When we visit family in the summer we try and go to a concert at one of the estates in the area. Everyone brings blankets, beach chairs, food and this type of container for beverage of choice. 

Contributor

No, she specifically mentioned taking it to the beach.  It is not a matter of "thinking outside of the box".  Of course the tumblers could be used for other purposes; i.e. lemonade, iced tea, fruit punch or coffee.  My comment was in response to what the guest was promoting. 

Honored Contributor

Our beach prohibits alcohol, but I'm sure that many don't abide.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland