Respected Contributor

Re: Today's In the Kitchen with Mary

An entire bottle of wine is really only three or four glasses. Over the course of an afternoon with some snacks, that is not an irresponsible amount.
Valued Contributor

I have heard everything now....I do not believe that it was her intension to offend anyone,and I donot believe  she meant for those having wine on the beach,meant they should drive drunk...I think the op is entitled to her opinion,just as I am entitled to mine.You do not have to have a glass of wine,with friends on the beach,and assume that person will get sloppy drunk!!

Respected Contributor

A standard bottle of wine is 5 glasses, more than enough to get you drunk. Swimming and drinking alcohol is not a great idea.

Honored Contributor

Im sure she was not promoting drinking on the beach then driving.  If you think all those tumblers people drinking out of on the beach on anywhere else is only filled with water or pop then you are naive.  

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill, geeezzz.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

A standard bottle of wine is 5 glasses, more than enough to get you drunk. Swimming and drinking alcohol is not a great idea.

@chessylady I certainly agree that alcohol and swimming and a hot beach do not mix. Most of my wine glasses hold 8 oz. for a glass of wine. I do have one smaller set that holds 4-5 oz. so it really depends on your glass.

Respected Contributor

Furthermore, I never have any intention of ever getting in water above my ankles anyway. A couple of glasses of wine does not impair me to change my mind about that.

Seriously, if you’re taking wine in a commuter cup to the beach, you are not a lightweight drinker.
Respected Contributor

Wine on the beach I don't think is legal. It seems I must be the only one who is afraid of drinking.

Trusted Contributor

r of the hosts will say anything to sell,sad,very sad.Many times I have to shack my head.

Trusted Contributor

Are we truly looking for things to be upset about??  This is over the top.  She was just talking.

Esteemed Contributor

People may share.

Cogito ergo sum