Esteemed Contributor

Yes!  I had only one in mind, but you're right about there being two!

Respected Contributor

Re: To QVC Exec's

[ Edited ]

GaGa,  You hit the nail on the proverbial head!  Ask the Mods to move your post to the SUGGESTION BOX forum -- I heard that management is actually forwarded posts that mods deem important.

The sales tactics of one host telling "too much personal info" rendered a "stalker" and she quit.  @gaga 

Respected Contributor

Don’t like watching Dan Hughes he has to tell us at least 10 times during what ever he’s selling He Lives On A Farm. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I have a feeling they are told to be personal.  QVC wants you thinking of them as friends.  Just like the kissy nonsense between a vendor and host.  None of this entices me to buy.

It's all just a marketing technique.

Yes, I don't get the whole kissing between host and vendor.  Do it backstage if you feel you want to.  Why do we need to see that on air?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

Don’t like watching Dan Hughes he has to tell us at least 10 times during what ever he’s selling He Lives On A Farm. 

Or that he is a neat freak.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

Of Jennifer on the Philosophy show, when she looked at the camera said "if you have skin, then you need this product". Always thought she was too theatrical, and doesn't like to share a program with "anyone", but now I question her smarts.

Occasional Visitor

I recently joined in but one of my pet peeves is: when a host is selling clothing, it seems to me she should, one, really like what she is selling and perhaps actually wear some of the items and two, if she doesn’t like the clothing, please don’t try to alter the items  to something completely different. I saw one host the other night who looked like she had on clothing from a used clothing shop. They are representatives of QVC and should at least try to look polished and ladylike. 

Valued Contributor

Most of the presenters are difficult to listen to but maybe if more items were presented during an hour there would be less useless uninformative banter.

New Contributor

I wish someone would tell Rick Domeier how to pronounce Le Creuset. Most people know it's LE Creuset not LA Creuset and if he's featured selling the TSV and constantly pronouncing the name he should know too.May seem minor but it's an iconic brand and someone should inform him.

Respected Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I have a feeling they are told to be personal.  QVC wants you thinking of them as friends.  Just like the kissy nonsense between a vendor and host.  None of this entices me to buy.

It's all just a marketing technique.

Yes!  This is definitely a technique that has been used by shopping channels since existence.  If it's not for you, why mess it up for everyone else?  If people want to shop this way, and the higher pricing doesn't bother them, let them be.  Product details aren't important to them. Heck, you can get that online if you really care about it.