Regular Contributor
I notice Jennifer on JTV talks about her daughter a lot at times, but I think they are told to try to be more personal so customer's can relate to them and buy more! I agree with winkk!
Honored Contributor

Re: To QVC Exec's

[ Edited ]

@Deeze wrote:

I have often wondered why the hosts cannot give the measurements of a garment.   I don't feel like going to my computer every time to look up this information..  Now that you mentionted the time wasted by talking about things unrelated to the product I totally agree that if they have time for all the chit chat they would be able to cut back on this and use that time to give us measurements. especially the l length of tops and bottoms...don't just tell us where the 'garment falls on a particular model..   I did watch a new host during the night recently and she gave measurements for each item that she presented.  Perhaps she should 'train' the other hosts.  Sorry I don't know her name.

@Deeze 

Sadly, some of the hosts don't like to give measurements....One campaigned for that task to be removed from the host's duties...and always urged viewers to check measurements on their computer....

In fact, when one of the callers asked this specific host to please give measuremrnts, the host was spursnipity and rude and said in a mean tone, that information is online...so she didnt need to provide it........

Other hosts followed suit...Viewers complained if we are watching TV why cant the host give us this informatin since they are presenting the product anyway, why do we need a second device to obtain product information....isn't the C in QVC supposd to be about CONVENIECE?!?!?!?!...But the customers lost, the host won....Oh there are some exceptions....Once in awhile Leah or Antonella might give a measurement but these times are rare....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Deeze we have Jayne Brown to thank for that. Instead of giving actual information on the garment, we are told to use the QVC fit guide - except that half the time it doesn't match up. If I really want to know I wind up checking the click here measurements (when they are listed) to get a better idea of size.  However IMO that is WHY I'm watching the presentation. If I have to go to my computer to get the info I need, then I don't need to watch and quite often don't.

I have more things to do than listen to them yack yack about nothing or play the diva.

@GinaV24 

Just to add...even if they are there the click here measurements aren't always accurate....A tunic top was supposed to be 29 in long, it was actually 26 Woman Frustrated Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RavensGirl wrote:

@Puppy Fawkes 

I agree, these hosts are people too, and they have homes & families & a sense of humor like everyone else. Some of these comments are just mean...

I beleive that we, as women, should lift each other, not tear each other down. I suppose I won't be welcome on this post any longer, but that is okay with me.

Kindness doesn't cost a thing

@RavensGirl 

The whole idea of QVCs TV channel  is to sell merchandise---that's their mission.  Most customer's don't want hosts to be robots devoid of personality, however, what a lot of us object to is when some hosts make the shows all about them in a narcissistic fashion, and at the expense of giving the viewer few details of the product they are supposed to be trying to sell.  It's pretty bad when you see a vendor trying to reel in a host that's out of control and to focus back on the product the vendor wants customers to buy.... And I've seen this a lot lately.....If something makes viewers not watch or buy, QVC should know about it, it impacts revenues. The Forums are for customers' opinions and thoughts.

Moderators will delete any unkind comments that go beyond constuctive feedback here on the Forums...it's their job

Viewers can mush and gush and flatter hosts and uplift them, and compliment their families on the host's Facebook Page...................

If posts about the hosts upset you...you can always skip them....

Respected Contributor

Once upon a time I was a regular QVC viewer and a regular shopper.  That has changed mainly due to the reasons stated by the OP.  Now, I rarely watch and even when it's a show I'm interested in, I have to turn it off because of the hosts' behavior.  

Perhaps a study was done that came to the conclusion customers are interested in the hosts' private lives.  We are not!  Nor are we willing to waste our valuable time being subjected to behavior commonly seen and heard in middle school.  

Tell us about the products!  We do not care whose child was just in a recital, had a birthday, or any other personal trivia.   I don't know these things about sales people in brick and mortar stores and I don't want to hear about QVC hosts private lives. 

Regular Contributor

The personal stories just roll off my back...but what I don't appreciate are the hosts that are overly excited about EVERYTHING they are presenting in their particular show.  They talk at an alarming speed, talk over every vendor and, and, and they start to stutter and, and, and ,"if I am this excited, you can be too if you purchase this today!!!"  It's a marketing tactic that doesn't work for me and there's a male host that does it in spades (quick, change the channel til he's gone).  My favorite vendor is Megan Murray-she's cute, charming, funny as heck, and doesn't shove her product down your throat...she can pretty much sell me anything just by her demeanor and the chuckles I get while she is on.

Respected Contributor

It’s the kissee kissee FAKE sentiment that sends me to the off button. Come on guys get real and cut it out. We just want to know what you’re selling.

Valued Contributor

Amy Stran is the WORST!  And, Amy, stop talking about your breath mints and last night about deodorant.  We could care less, but we would like info about what size the models are wearing, how the clothing runs, etc., esp. when you are presenting Lori Goldstein, because her sizing is anything but consistent.  All they do is ooh and aah over each other, and never talk about sizing! 

Respected Contributor

I don’t remember vendors and hosts kissing in the earlier days of QVC. 

To me, at the beginning, there was a better balance between personality and products. The hosts were generally engaging but not “stars”. I think there was more emphasis on the products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just wonder wrote:

Amy Stran is the WORST!  And, Amy, stop talking about your breath mints and last night about deodorant.  We could care less, but we would like info about what size the models are wearing, how the clothing runs, etc., esp. when you are presenting Lori Goldstein, because her sizing is anything but consistent.  All they do is ooh and aah over each other, and never talk about sizing! 

@just wonder 

I agree with you about Amy, while she looks good in clothes, she is unprofessional and childish.....

Amy is 5 2 but wears stilettos that make her 5 7 so she's no help in detemining length for us petites either!