Frequent Contributor

Please tell some of your Hosts to stop with the excessive talking about their families & about themselves & get to telling us about whatthey are selling..i.e. the Length of a Top which is very important to me.  Honestly they make me so nervous I have to turn the Channel.  There are some of your Hosts I absolutely will not watch because they are so obnoxious & that goes for some of the Vendors too! Bleep this if you must, but that's how I feel.       

Regular Contributor

Totally agree!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm usually only interested in QVC's clothing (certain lines), but I must admit I need to MUTE many of the hosts.  They're just TOO MUCH!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: To QVC Exec's

[ Edited ]

@gaga wrote:

Please tell some of your Hosts to stop with the excessive talking about their families & about themselves & get to telling us about whatthey are selling..i.e. the Length of a Top which is very important to me.  Honestly they make me so nervous I have to turn the Channel.  There are some of your Hosts I absolutely will not watch because they are so obnoxious & that goes for some of the Vendors too! Bleep this if you must, but that's how I feel.       

I dunno if the QVC execs will get your message, but I'll bet you feel better.

Here's the effect all their inane prattle has on me:

I tune them out.

Then among their blah-me-blah, my ear finally catches a fragment of the pertinent Info about the item I've been waiting to hear, and I run over to the TV hoping the closed captioning is lagging behind so I can read what I just missed.

Just another reason I don't really watch much QVC. 

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree!

Valued Contributor

@gaga 

trust, you are not alone.

it's been weeks since i've watched. i'm weening myself off.

i am sorry to hear that they make your nervous,

i find it annoying. talking over each other, isn't cool either.

i guess i am old school because if something isn't entertaining or teaching me something, i'm on to the next channel

Valued Contributor

I totally agree, one long time host goes on and on about her daughters, living in New York, their mother's their father's, their trips via QVC 15 years ago to Italy.  I SWEAR THEY DO IT JUST TO SHOW OFF, AND THE ONE I AM PARTICULARLY SPEAKING OF DOES IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE A SLOW SELF INSTEEM.  ANYONE THAT SPEAKS ABOUT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM AND FEEL THE NEED TO BRAG ON TV. I watch to learn about an item, don't need to hear hosts rant about themselves.  

Honored Contributor

The hosts are not my "friends". I don't know any of them socially or otherwise.  I have no interest whatever in their personal lives.  I watch only to hear details about what they are presenting.

Honored Contributor

Re: To QVC Exec's

[ Edited ]

They make you SO nervous??

That is very sad.  Life is too filled with REAL things to worry about than a hosts' babbling about her family.  I would not let something so trivial upset me to the point of nervousness.

If that is the case, I wouldn't EVER turn on QVC.

Shop locally or online only.

Respected Contributor

I have a feeling they are told to be personal.  QVC wants you thinking of them as friends.  Just like the kissy nonsense between a vendor and host.  None of this entices me to buy.

It's all just a marketing technique.